Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

srav123

Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Post by srav123 »

Hi All

I checked Redbridge website and it says results will be sent out by email on the evening 01/03. I was assuming we could login and possibly check the result midnight. I am keen to know what happened last year.

Thanks
Srav
ToadMum

Re: Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Post by ToadMum »

srav123 wrote:Hi All

I checked Redbridge website and it says results will be sent out by email on the evening 01/03. I was assuming we could login and possibly check the result midnight. I am keen to know what happened last year.

Thanks
Srav
Have you looked back to March 1st 2016 in this era of the forum to see if anyone posted on the dubject at the time?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
srav123

Post by srav123 »

Hi Toadmum

I posted after I couldn't see anything last year. Getting a bit desperate as its getting near.

Thanks for posting
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I had a quick scroll back a bit further. Two years ago, the info on the website also only mentioned getting the email, but in the early evening on allocations day, people were reporting that they had logged in and seen their child's offer. If you have to log in to register your response, it seems odd that the LA doesn't say you can find out your allocation the same way, although it may be to try to prevent overloading the system :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
srav123

Post by srav123 »

Thanks for checking Toadmum, very kind of you.
tian

Post by tian »

Hi Srav123,
Last year I remember because I was waiting for it that for London it was just from 5pm.
I logged in at around 5.10 or earlier and the outcome was there ready.
I don"t know this year if it is the same.

I know it is very merged wrecking for u now. I was on the same boat last year.
Good luck
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Just got our results - we are not in. :( but not totally unexpected. We are in Essex and got result an hour ago.

Score was 107.57.

Does anyone know when Redbridge publish waiting list numbers, they are not replying to my e-mail from yesterday.

If anyone has their scores and whether they are in or not in would be useful if you could publish it here so we can try and work out the lowest score in. Someone on another thread published all the scores so I know our rank was 297. Numbers sitting test were up 18% this year but those applying weren't up anything like as much so hoping its higher than rank 240 that has got offered a place. If anyone has any information sure lots of us would be grateful and good luck everyone.

She is into our second choice where all her friends are going and its a very good school and academically I'm sure she will do the same. Her friends wouldn't apply to Woodford so it was difficult to get her to do any prep. Lots of people told her she was so bright she didn't need to do any but you do and she kept quoting this back at me. I suspect she'll be happier at 2nd choice than would have been at Woodford as friends are there, trying to look on bright side. Plus I'll have 2 in the same school as I won't bother trying DS for Ilford now as he wants to be with his sister plus we live nowhere near.
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

Bananas wrote:Just got our results - we are not in. :( but not totally unexpected. We are in Essex and got result an hour ago.

Score was 107.57.

Does anyone know when Redbridge publish waiting list numbers, they are not replying to my e-mail from yesterday.

If anyone has their scores and whether they are in or not in would be useful if you could publish it here so we can try and work out the lowest score in. Someone on another thread published all the scores so I know our rank was 297. Numbers sitting test were up 18% this year but those applying weren't up anything like as much so hoping its higher than rank 240 that has got offered a place. If anyone has any information sure lots of us would be grateful and good luck everyone.

She is into our second choice where all her friends are going and its a very good school and academically I'm sure she will do the same. Her friends wouldn't apply to Woodford so it was difficult to get her to do any prep. Lots of people told her she was so bright she didn't need to do any but you do and she kept quoting this back at me. I suspect she'll be happier at 2nd choice than would have been at Woodford as friends are there, trying to look on bright side. Plus I'll have 2 in the same school as I won't bother trying DS for Ilford now as he wants to be with his sister plus we live nowhere near.

My brother is still waiting for his DS to find out although his results were a tad lower than your DD's so we think he will get his 2nd choice too.

Please look at the Brightside and don't be disheartened. It is a tough journey but at least you tried. All the best to your little DD, we do have good state schools in Redbridge so not all too bad. I guess I will be feeling all this next year as my DD is in yr 5 now.
wrecktangle

Post by wrecktangle »

dd got offered a place at WCH with a score of 110.12
We've declined it
Chambers09

Post by Chambers09 »

Our DD ranked 236 and was offered a place at WCHS- as most of her friends are going to Trinity she's not thrilled. Her friends are also making comments (probably garnered from their parents) about the lack of diversity at the school (I'm being polite).

We haven't formally accepted as she has offers from 2 private schools.

Really interested in reasons people would decline WCHS