Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chuggabug

2017 AQS & Waiting Lists

Post by Chuggabug »

Just arrived in post:
Summary:
South schools AQS and waiting lists have stayed the same (KES) or dropped by up to four points! (SGGS/AGS) :shock: (I think I owe someone on here a fiver...) Great news for those in the South!
East schools AQS and waiting lists have increased by a couple of points across the board.
The gap between AQS for highest Eastern and lowest Southern schools has therefore dropped to just four points, compared to a gap of 10 points last year. Not so great for those in the East! :(
Really interesting to see...

For entry in 2017
KES 232 (232 in 2016) Waiting list from 225+ (226+ in 2016)
SGGS 220 (222 in 2016) Waiting list from 212+ (216+ in 2016)
AGS 213 (217 in 2016) Waiting list from 208 (212+ in 2016)

LSS 209 (207 in 2016) Waiting list from 205 (202 in 2016)
RHS 207 (205 in 2016) Waiting list from 203 (200 in 2016)
Ashlawn 206 (203 in 2016) Waiting list from 200 (198 in 2016)
sportsforall

Re: 2017 AQS & Waiting Lists

Post by sportsforall »

I have the breakdown of RHS scores here:
Category 1 - One place offered
Category 2 - three places offered
Category 3 - 55 lowest AQS 210
Category 4 - 54 lowest AQS 207
Category 5 - 7 lowest AQS 217
Category 6 - 0

My daughter is in category 5 with a score of 233 and no place offered so I have to assume a mistake has been made. Anyone else read this differently?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sportsforall wrote:I have the breakdown of RHS scores here:
Category 1 - One place offered
Category 2 - three places offered
Category 3 - 55 lowest AQS 210
Category 4 - 54 lowest AQS 207
Category 5 - 7 lowest AQS 217
Category 6 - 0

My daughter is in category 5 with a score of 233 and no place offered so I have to assume a mistake has been made. Anyone else read this differently?
Doesn't look right - how are you getting on with contacting people?
NiccyB

Post by NiccyB »

I have to congratulate Warwickshire County Council for managing to produce five pages of paper with absolutely zero useful information.

To save yourself having to look up the category definitions, they are as follows:
  • 1 - Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
    2 - Children living in the priority area who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission
    3 - Other pupils living in the priority area.
    4 - Children living outside the priority area who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
    5 - Other children living outside the priority area
The letter contradicts itself, contains incorrect information, provides incomplete information and by its own definition publishes something it shouldn't due to 'Data Protection legislation'.

In essence, the letter does not do what it sets out to do (i.e. provide the information which has been used to determine whether my child has got a place or not).

I particularly like the Data Protection issue - essentially, in this context, the Data Protection act controls the publication of identifying data. Since pupil names are not included, the only data which the Council could possibly claim is identifying of an individual are the scores. The Council say that they do not publish the scores for Category 1 and 2 pupils for this reason. Yet, low and behold, we can see KES have made a single Category 4 offer to a pupil with a score of 252. Surely Category 4 pupils are far more easily identifiable than Category 1/2 since their identity is given away by both the distance they have traveled to school and the fact that they have one or more brothers at KES?

**EDIT** Thinking about this more, I simply cannot see how the Data Protection legislation applies to scores at all. Did they mean 'safeguarding'?

Ho hum.
Last edited by NiccyB on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

NiccyB wrote:I have to congratulate Warwickshire County Council for managing to produce five pages of paper with absolutely zero useful information.

To save yourself having to look up the category definitions, they are as follows:
  • 1 - Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
    2 - Children living in the priority area who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission
    3 - Other pupils living in the priority area.
    4 - Children living outside the priority area who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
    5 - Other children living outside the priority area

Ho hum.
RHS admissions criteria are slightly different to above but totally agree with your point, no protection offered there.
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

Sportforall, this is 2017 for RHS - it definitely looks wrong for you unless your application was classed as late and therefore category 6?

Category 1
Looked-After and all previously Looked-After Children who achieve the automatic qualifying score or above for this school for this particular year of entry.
Category 2
Children who live in the priority areas, who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium via eligibility for Free School Meals, and whose scores are between one and ten marks below the automatic qualifying score for entry to the school. Up to 10 places only will be offered in this category (including any re-offers which are made from the waiting list from this category after 1st March 2017). Warwickshire Admissions will require, on behalf of the School, evidence of Pupil Premium eligibility and the School reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place if the offer has been made on the basis of an incorrect, fraudulent or misleading application.
Category 3
Children who live in Area 1 – East Warwickshire, who achieve the automatic qualifying score or above for this school, for this particular year of entry. Up to 55 places will be offered in this category.
Category 4
Children who live in Area 2 – Eastern Priority Circle, who achieve the automatic qualifying score or above for this school, for this particular year of entry. Up to 55 places will be offered in this category.
Within categories 3 and 4 the number of places available may be reduced dependent on the number of offers made
within categories 1 and 2. In the event of there being an uneven number of places to distribute between category 3
and category 4, the odd place will be awarded to category 3.
Category 5
Children living outside of the priority areas who achieve the automatic qualifying score or above for this school, for this
particular year of entry.
Category 6
Children who score below the automatic qualifying score, but above the minimum score for the waiting list for this
school, for this particular year of entry.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Thanks everyone! We were on time, address details on time...I did everything right. DD is asking me constantly what is going on and all I can tell her at the moment is that she has a place at a great comp. I have called Warks twice and been told they will look into it, not sure whether to call them again now that I have 'evidence' or will they block my number!? :shock:
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

Personally I would keep calling. They have clearly messed up so they need to sort it.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

I have called again - they still cannot tell me anything. The person who looks as these queries doesn't work on a Friday (really, not even this week???) and so it won't be looked at until Monday at the earliest.
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

Chuggabug wrote:Just arrived in post:
Summary:
South schools AQS and waiting lists have stayed the same (KES) or dropped by up to four points! (SGGS/AGS) :shock: (I think I owe someone on here a fiver...) Great news for those in the South!
If we are settling the bets it was £20!!! But the prediction was one point out on the AGS AQS so I'll let you off ;)