Crgs 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fari

Crgs 2017

Post by fari »

Congratulations to all the parents and pupils for having a place at CRGS.Like me,it would be a new experience for many of you . I think it would be a good idea to share our plans,worries, queries & experiences over here.Suggestions from current CRGS parents would be highly appreciated.
Thank you :)
Two-at-once

Re: Crgs 2017

Post by Two-at-once »

My DS is currently in Year 7. There's a Science festival on 18th March that we went to last year. He loved visiting the school knowing he was definitely going there. It was a good chance to become familiar with the surroundings (with us to there to hide behind) before the induction day.
fari

Post by fari »

Thank you so much Two-at-once :),that's a very nice suggestion.
fari

Post by fari »

Any updates about school 's welcome pack?
I haven't received mine yet :|
Schrodinger

Post by Schrodinger »

Hi Fari!

Our son will be starting at CRGS in Sep too. :D

Based on posts from previous years on the forum, they seem to come out about a week after allocation day, so I'm hopeful they'll be here sometime this week.
fari

Post by fari »

Schrodinger wrote:Hi Fari!

Our son will be starting at CRGS in Sep too. :D

Based on posts from previous years on the forum, they seem to come out about a week after allocation day, so I'm hopeful they'll be here sometime this week.
Congrats schrodinger & thanks for your reply :)
KB

Post by KB »

Worth keeping a check on the school web site for other events that provide an opportunity to visit informally. There is a section for 'letters to parents' which also provides some insight.
fari

Post by fari »

KB wrote:Worth keeping a check on the school web site for other events that provide an opportunity to visit informally. There is a section for 'letters to parents' which also provides some insight.
Thank you KB
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

In previous years they have run a summer school aimed at gifted and talented children in years 5 and 6 from any school. It's worth looking out for if they advertise it again this year as many children who are going to CRGS and Colch CHS attend (it's mixed)
fari

Post by fari »

MrsB wrote:In previous years they have run a summer school aimed at gifted and talented children in years 5 and 6 from any school. It's worth looking out for if they advertise it again this year as many children who are going to CRGS and Colch CHS attend (it's mixed)
Thanks MrsB :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now