Newsteadwood for Girls.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Faith

Newsteadwood for Girls.

Post by Faith »

Hello,

WE got the result, went to the post office from my work place. My darling daughter get a place at Newsteadwood School and she passed Bexley exam as well. Thanks to wealth of information i got from this site. I hope every body get their desired place.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Well done I bet you are over the moon. I've got all this to come.

If you don't mind me asking what sort of scores was your daughter achieving at school - I am trying to get a feel what separates out super selectives such as NW.

Did you get your daughter tutored? Any tips or advice?
PW MUM
Faith

Newsteadwood for Girls.

Post by Faith »

Hello PW mum,

Thanks for your mail, my daughter is in the top sets in her class and I must confess that she was tutored for some time and she had to do a lot of practice at home. I had to reduced my working hours to give her the practical supports she required. We took her to the school when she was in year 3 to have a feel of what the school is like. I think she fell in love with the school and has had the desire to go the school ever since. I also promised to give her a hundred pounds 3 years ago if she passed.

I hope this helps.

Bye,
Faith
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

What did she spend the £100 pounds on?

My daughter is in the top sets and last year got 4cs in the year 3 optional tests.

The school has said she is grammar material but I want her to be NW material!!
PW MUM
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

What kind of scores did she get in the bexley test? I'm curious to know as I had thought about going down the NW road but was woried about the difficulty compared to the Bexley exam.
Faith

Newsteadwood for Girls.

Post by Faith »

PW mum,
I forgot to mention it yesterday. Since I no longer have controll over the money, she decided to open an account with the Barclays Bank last Saturday. My husband took her to the bank, I bet she was felt fulfilled knowing that was the fruit of her labour. She is anxiously waiting for her debit card to arrive from the bank and she won't be telling me her pin number!
Faith

Scores

Post by Faith »

Hi Traceyanne,
Her score was not among the top 180, partly because we were concentrating on Newstead Wood exam because the exams date were very close to each other. She scored 478 out of maximum mark of 560. She did manage to score VR140, NVR 140 and Maths 125 in the Kent exam. I do not have the scores for NW because they are only telling the people that didnt pass their scores. I spoke with the school and that was the information i was given-i think this is a new thing. I was tempted to send an email to request for it today as my daughter wants to know her score but my husband said i should drop it.
I hope this information is helpful.

Bye,
Faith.
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

she's done brilliantly, you must be really proud. She wasn't far off the 180 mark not that she needed it in the end! Well done to your hard working daughter :P
lisa

newstead wood

Post by lisa »

hi. just to give you some sort of idea how hard the newstead test is. my daughter scored in the top 180 in the bexley test, her scores for kent were vr 133, nvr 139 and maths 131. she got an academic scholarship for colfes but still didnt get into newstead. she got a score of 217, the cut off score needed was 220. although she is only 3 points out we have been told she is 14 th on the reserve list. i have spoken to newstead about the chances of them using the reserve list and they assure me only the girls first or second on the list are in with a chance of getting a space.it just goes to show how clever these newstead girls are but still, we are very proud of our daughters achievement.
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

It does look, after looking at your results and Faiths, that it really can depend on how you do on the day. Faiths daughter didn't get Bexley top 180 but did get Newstead and your also very high achieving daughter managed to get top 180 but not Newstead! What school did your dd get? Are you pleased with that? What score did your daughter get to get in the top 180? I bet you're all as proud as can be! After reading your comment I do feel that I'm now glad we didn't bother with doing the Newstead test, maybe it would have been too much for our dd, she doesn't take failure well!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now