First Day at Secondary School!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

First Day at Secondary School!

Post by Guest »

Well, my daughter has had her first day at CCHSG and really liked it. Anyone else got feedback from their child?

First Day at Westcliff....

Post by Guest »

My daughter has enjoyed her first week,we did have a few tears.
Coming from a primary of 80 kids,was bit of a culture shock i think.

She found the hardest thing was finding the classrooms and being on time in the lessons.
She is settling in now though and says the teachers are really nice,and the school lunches...(whats going on!!!!)

Nobody is supposed to like the teachers or school lunches!!

If anyone needs any advice or help then im willing to try....
another mum

cchs

Post by another mum »

My daughter has also enjoyed her first week. What a relief. The first thing she told me was that she liked the lunches. She also thinks it cool that they are not confined to the playground but can wander around the grounds at breaktime. She seems to have settled in well and has made some new friends. She likes the teachers, also especially the physics teacher who she said was fun. he hasn't had much homework yet but she knows that won't last long. I was stressed all week worrying about travel etc. but she seems to have taken it in her stride. Typical!
cchs mum

1st week at Senior School CCHS

Post by cchs mum »

My daughter coped really well too. She has made new friends, managed to find the class rooms with ease; and the best thing she says is she loves the bus journey.

The only thing she does worry about is forgetting books and homework for the next lessons.

Re: 1st week at Senior School CCHS

Post by Guest »

cchs mum wrote:My daughter coped really well too. She has made new friends, managed to find the class rooms with ease; and the best thing she says is she loves the bus journey.

The only thing she does worry about is forgetting books and homework for the next lessons.
My daughter gets the bus too and said it is good fun. I think CCHS is quite a small school so finding their way round is probably relatively easy. I have warned her though that the real homework starts this week!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now