henrietta barnet + independant offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dadwithtwodaughters

henrietta barnet + independant offers

Post by Dadwithtwodaughters »

My daughter is placed 21st in the waiting list for Henrietta Barnet; I was wondering how many parents who have been offered places at independent schools in addition to Henrietta Barnet (HBS), will be turning down HBS?

Having to deal with a very upset mum via the phone and not looking forward to seeing a very disappointed daughter when returning home tonight.
When do you stop being a parent, well never :-)
londonparent

Post by londonparent »

not an expert
what I can say is that I think if you called HB they may be wlling to tell you where did the WL go to last year - might be a better guess although parents from this forum can advise you on the question you asked
tfad

Post by tfad »

Dad with two daughters, my daughter was No2 on the waiting list for HBS and we received a letter today offering her a place. She also told me about two girls in her school who are not accepting ther places at HBS and I know of two others from another school who are going to St Michaels - so the list has started to move and I really hope that your daughter gets in!

Best of luck!!!!
Dadwithtwodaughters

Tfad, congratulations on your daughter getting a place; not raised daughters hopes, so if it happens then it will be a very pleasant surprise.
Sah

Post by Sah »

Hi, just to let you know that the HBS waiting list is still moving. My daughter was 15 on the list and we received a letter offering her a place today. Good luck !
Dadwithtwodaughters

Sah wrote:Hi, just to let you know that the HBS waiting list is still moving. My daughter was 15 on the list and we received a letter offering her a place today. Good luck !
Congratulations; well we are keeping everything crossed, my youngest had a dream that the list stopped at 20 :-(
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Dadwithtwodaughters,

Stay positive, we are all behind you..

Fingers crossed for you..

AM
zorro

Post by zorro »

No offence intended but wouldn't this be better on L B of Barnet as opposed to independent schools?
would probably get more replies.
Dadwithtwodaughters

Went to meet the family after work near Oxford Circus, for the 'Sound of Music' treat I had booked for my daughters hard work for the 11+; dug the phone out to find out where they were; had two missed calls, one from the wife and the other from HBS offering my daughter a place.

Found all three of them in Gap (what is it with woman and shopping?); I played the voice message back to my daughter, and the look on her face was priceless, as was my wife's beaming smile, even my youngest broke out into a big grin.

I'm not a huge fan of the selective process, but considering my daughters hard work and my wife's pressure, I really felt for her when she didn't get the result; we had even written off getting on the waiting list as she had gone way off topic in her composition, not sure I would want to go through this again with the youngest.

Zorro, re: posting the message in this list, I felt the original question was more relevant for this forum, hence the posting here; if it upsets you that this post is in the wrong forum, then feel free to get it moved to the more relevant one.

Thanks to the others for the advice and support.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Dadwithtwodaughters - that is such good news. I have been following your thread and I am so pleased for you all..Many congratulations to your DS !!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!