CD IS IT NECESSARY TO BUY VOL 1 AND 3?

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CD IS IT NECESSARY TO BUY VOL 1 AND 3?

Post by Guest »

HI ,
My son is doing the 11 plus in oct, (Bucks) ,does any one know if both vol 1 and 3 needs to be completed ideally? I s vol 3 different to vol 1 or is it just more of the same type of questions?
W e have done 10 tests so far on vol 1 on various question types ,we don't think we will be able to complete it ,let alone start vol 3!
Any advice welcome.
THANKS
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

As we are so close to test, it would be more beneficial to be completing pen and paper tests. What publications have you been using?

Patricia
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

The questions on CD1, CD3 and E-paper downloads that have been written by The Tutors, as well as the free dowloads for CD1 and CD3, are all different.

CD1 is designed for students who are just starting or are finding difficulty with specific question types.

There is no need to complete the full set of 10 attempts for each question type. The facility is there to allow students to complete the question types as often as they need to improve their knowledge, speed and accuracy. It would be advisable, and cost effective, for the student to at least complete two attempts at each question type.

CD1 is designed to allow students to complete all 21 types of questions within the same test. Allowing them to move from one question type to another with confidence.

E-papers have been designed to closely reflect the verbal reasoning tests set by NFER. They are best completed in pairs with a reasonable gap between each paper. This allows them to sit tests under test conditions. Unlike NFER practice papers that only contain 15 types of questions, The Tutors papers cover the 21 types of questions set by NFER in the real tests.

There are a set of E-papers that were removed from the site that only cover the main 15 types of questions. If there is sufficient demand for them I am sure the site administrator will re-instate them.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

patricia,
I have been using IPS, and the tutors at present I am aware of your recommendation for bright sparks.We wil be using that also.He does his exams during the half term as he is presently not in a bucks school.
Thanks to all who replied.
ANDREW THE POET

CD TESTS

Post by ANDREW THE POET »

As far as the CD material goes, I found that my son enjoyed using these simply because they broke-up the monotony of the pencil & paper approach. For this I was grateful! Every question is timed which made the experience much more of a challenge - my son tried to beat his personal best time of 11 seconds for one question! The multi-choice format also serves-up useful hints on answers even if you're preparing for the standard paper. This was a source of some discussion We used these some 2/3 weeks before the actual exam (TODAY!!) and felt that they were of use. Shame that there's no discount for those of us who bought all three packages!
PS ... My son claimed that the NFER paper as sat today was much, much easier than that of the standard of the CD and the IPS papers - maybe he was just trying to please his dad!?!
Andrew
www.wackyverse.com
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now