Royal Grammar School Allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Complete Novice

Royal Grammar School Allocation

Post by Complete Novice »

I have just been looking at the allocation profiles for Bucks this year and noticed that RGS is showing in catchment allocation of up to 10.6 miles. Having looked at the catchment map, I can't see that their catchment extends to a distance of 10.6 miles and wondered whether this might be a mistake and they have actually offtered out of catchment. We are in Maidenhead and will be looking to apply for 2010 entry but assumed RGS be out of the question because we are out of catchment. Has anyone been successful from as far away as Maidenhead this year or lately?

Any replies appreciated!
CN
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Complete Novice

The RGS catchment area extends to around 12/13 miles to the west.

RGS has, at least once in recent years, been undersubscribed by August. When that situation arose they put out feelers for further candidates to take their own entrance test.

If your child passes the 11+, I would suggest putting their name on the RGS waiting list and keeping close to the school on the subject between March and September.

Sally-Anne
Complete Novice

Thank you for your reply Sally Anne, I will bear RGS in mind in the hope that they are undersubscribed. I had heard though that my son's birth year was a bit of a bulge year (1998-1999) and so don't hold out much hope of it being undersubscribed!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can check which are 'bigger' cohorts by looking at:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... n_roll.asp

They should update this for January 2008 soon -
Complete Novice

Thank you for that, I'll have a look and hope for the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now