King Edwards Aston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pepper2

King Edwards Aston

Post by Pepper2 »

Just discovered this site.....extremely useful info. However, there does not seem to be very much info in KE Aston. Any views on this school particularly in comparison to KE 5 Ways?
Does anyone know the 'average' pass rate for KE Aston?
KenR

KE Aston Pass Marks

Post by KenR »

Don't have much information on KE Aston. I do however have the pass scores for all of the respective KE Schools. For 2005 entry the standardised pass scores for Camp Hill Boys, Five Ways, Aston, Camp Hill Girls and Handsworth were 347, 330, 324, 323 and 317 respectively.

The corresponding scores for 2006 entry were 341, 329, 327, 329 & 319.

You can find further information about how this is calculated and standardised on some of the previous threads.

Hope this helps.
streeseddad

rahul3

Post by streeseddad »

KenR,

As I understand, there are 2 - 45mins test, consisting of Comprehension, Maths, VR and NR. What is the format in terms of number of questions and how is the test divided into the 45min sessions. Is the total from 400 possible marks?

Thanks
KenR

KE Birmingham Test

Post by KenR »

Hi

I you check some of the previous postings (under KE Birmingham exams I think) you will fine some details of the actual test. I think KEMum posted details.

As regards the scoring, all of the questions in both tests are consolidated into either a English/VR, NVR or Numerical classification and marked. The raw scores are then converted into 3 standardised scores for each respective category and then Age Standardised. (See article on Age Standardisation linked from the home page of this site).

The actual number of questions may vary year by year, but in 2005 there were 100 Eng/VR questions, 82 Numerical questions and 70 NVR questions.

The 3 Age Standardised Scores are then added together to give a total composite score. The highest composite pass score was about 347 for Camp Hill Boys in 2005 - this was the lowest total score for the last child to enter the school in Sept 2005. This is equivalent to an average Age Standardised score of 116 for each of the categories.

I managed to obtain the full Age Standardisation results for 2005 from the foundation and worked out what a score of 116 equated to in terms of raw scores for a child of the same age as my child last year. My child took the exam last year.

For 2005 this was a score of 64/100, 44/82 and 50/70 for VR, Numerical and NVR respectively. (Note: quite a lot lower than the typical NFER scores for other LEAs as the test is a lot tougher)

Hope this helps
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now