Parmiter's list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watmum

Parmiter's list

Post by watmum »

I was wondering whether any of you on the waiting list have been lucky enough to hear whether there has been any movement in the right direction for Parmiter's yet this year? Still early days, I know...
Sressed but survivor

Parmiters waiting list

Post by Sressed but survivor »

We received an offer in the post today - on Academic grounds - but we had been told we were first on the waiting list. Sressed is now de-stressed but I feel for all you parents on the waiting list . Good luck!
watmum

Post by watmum »

That is great news for you congratulations for you and your child.

I can not Imagine being first on the list!! that must have been very irritating - if only she/he had scored one more point etc... (yet at the same time you would have been full of hope I would imagine.)

Well done once again.
Sressed but survivor

watmum wrote:That is great news for you congratulations for you and your child.

I can not Imagine being first on the list!! that must have been very irritating - if only she/he had scored one more point etc... (yet at the same time you would have been full of hope I would imagine.)

Well done once again.
It was worse than that - my son obtained the same "pass" score as 2 children who were offered a place in the first "cut" but they were offered the place on proximity - !
watmum

Post by watmum »

OOh snap!!

I was in your shoes three years ago and there was one girl tied with my daughter who lived (according to the office) 3 mm closer on the map!! Ha Ha, but there were also two other children below my child who lived further away than we did.

Take it easy now and enjoy the rest of year 6..
Sressed but survivor

watmum wrote:OOh snap!!

I was in your shoes three years ago and there was one girl tied with my daughter who lived (according to the office) 3 mm closer on the map!! Ha Ha, but there were also two other children below my child who lived further away than we did.

Take it easy now and enjoy the rest of year 6..
Identical situation. I can only hope that more spaces are freed up for the other two children also on the same score. And as to the relax part, um, now worrying about the sibling rule because I have a daughter in year 5.
Hope everyone gets a suitable place.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Snap again!! I too have a year 5 son!

Do not worry about the sibling rule, the head is passionate about siblings following on, and I am feeling confident!! (yikes)