Today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

missmarple

Today's test

Post by missmarple »

I'm well aware that we must be careful not to post any information about the content of today's test in case it helps late-sitters. However, I think it's safe to make the observation that most children emerged smiling and the general feeling was that it wasn't as bad as some of the mock tests they'd been taking.

I'm just pleased it's all over and hope that the children can enjoy a relaxed and less stressful Year 6 at school.
BlueBerry

Re: Today's test

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh I'm so pleased for you. DS is sitting his test at 2pm. I sincerely hope that he will come out with a smile on his face.
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

My dd is taking hers today well I assume she already has done so. That's great news it seems to have been ok your end.

I'm really hoping dd has done alright. Does anyone know how the scoring works?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Ripley wrote:My dd is taking hers today well I assume she already has done so. That's great news it seems to have been ok your end.

I'm really hoping dd has done alright. Does anyone know how the scoring works?
Have a read of the information posted under the "11 plus advice" at the top of the screen. There's also a section on the Bucks County Council web page outlining the elements of the test and how each is weighted.
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

Thanks I will take a look. Whole thing is so confusing...
Louey

Post by Louey »

Thank you missmarple - DS is also sitting it this afternoon and you have put my mind at ease that it wasn't an absolute horror of a test.
Jay123

Post by Jay123 »

Well i'm glad thats over with. Although DS did say something interesting which supported elements of 'CEM' being tutor proof. Well done to all the children and hope they all achieve their best.
kronenborg

Post by kronenborg »

presumably the difficulty (or otherwise) of this year's particular exam is somewhat academic as, due to the competition for places, approximately the same proportion of kids will score a qualifying mark as on previous years - unless I have misunderstood?
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Just going to pick up my DD from school. I hope she comes out smiling too.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Jay123 wrote:Well i'm glad thats over with. Although DS did say something interesting which supported elements of 'CEM' being tutor proof. Well done to all the children and hope they all achieve their best.
Oooh are you allowed to share? Please PM if you don't want to discus it on the general forum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now