Newstead wood openday - do I need to register?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Exams2018

Newstead wood openday - do I need to register?

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi all,
Does anyone know if I need to register for the open day or just turn up on the day?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead wood openday - do I need to register?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

No need to register, just turn up on the day. Don't be put off by the queues, they move fairly quickly. Feel free to ask questions, DD is in Y8. Ideally questions so others can benefit but if you feel more comfortable then I am happy to reply by PM.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Thank you :)
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

Quick question: we can't make the open day tomorrow - but did go last year. Sitting exam next week, so I'm thinking, if you get a favourable result or 'likely' from the results letter, can you make an appt to go and look around the school during the day in Oct?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don’t know, I think the school is bursting at the seams and busy (in a positive way).

You can always email and ask.

If you have specific questions from a Parents perspective do ask and I will try to help, pm if you prefer.

Two years ago we were shortlisting between Newstead, Townley, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks (the latter being independent). Deciding factor for DD was a combination of the school being nearby, she identified with the girls who showed her round, Engineering and Mandarin. She didn’t know we’d have to move and downsize massively if she chose Sevenoaks so that conundrum was avoided!
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

All the other super selectives allow you to look around during a normal school day to get a feel for things. In fact, St Olaves positively hounded us to to so. I'll call and ask on Mon
zcacmxi

Post by zcacmxi »

Open Days can only demonstrate what the school is able and willing to show and are therefore only partially useful..

It was useful to see that the "Spruce Up" days have made a big difference. Last year, the paint was peeling and overall the entire campus felt like it was in decay. This year, I did not get that run down impression.

However, the open day was crowded and over-run, so it was difficult to see and appreciate everything. Perhaps the open day should be after the results are available?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now