AGSB Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brainfreeze

AGSB Exam

Post by Brainfreeze »

So how did the AGSB exam go for everyone today?

Possibly the Maths wasn't as time pressured as previous year's according to what I have heard so far.

I hope everyone who took it found it fairly painless and are enjoying a well deserved treat!
Trafmum82

Re: AGSB Exam

Post by Trafmum82 »

My DS found it tricky. He answered all questions apart from 6 on the NVR though. Haven't been able to get much out of him TBH! He has SGS exam on Monday and then we are done!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

I bet he is glad it's over for now!

He should be more relaxed for SGS as he will be more used to the experience. My DS said he felt a lot more relaxed for his second exam a couple of years ago.

Good luck!
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Thank you! I think he is glad he has one out of the way, just one more to go! I will be glad when its all over :lol:

Its very quiet in Trafford Forum isn't it? I've popped in here a few times but its very quiet compared to some of the other regions!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

I've never known it this quiet. It's a shame really because the year my DS did his exams, I relied on this group a lot for moral support and practical tips.

My DD will be spending the next year prepping for the 2018 exams. I'll just chat away on here to myself if needed :lol:
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

:lol: shame as my DD is sitting the 2019 ones... you would have at least had me to chat to :lol: although I'm sure I will still be popping on! Hopefully it will get a little busier for this year for you! I had a look at some past posts and found them really helpful, its such a shame it hasn't been as busy this year! It was definitely busy at the exam! :shock:
Gargantuan

Post by Gargantuan »

I don't think it's been as busy this year because there has been some nastiness on here.
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

My DS took the AGBS test today, he came out full of smiles (phew!) and thought each paper was ok, not overly difficult. test content removed by a moderator ..
to be honest we have been using the CEM books as really want Stretford Grammar as within catchment (0.08 miles!) he thought the CEM practice books/assessment tests were harder than today' test. Roll on Monday, think the CEM will be more challenging due to the timings of each section .... Good luck to all for Monday!
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

We have been using CEM materials too and didn't really prep for AGSB too much. We are in catchment, but our preferred school is Sale Grammar (we live in Sale, so its also easier to get to as in walking distance). DS came out happy yesterday. That doesn't tell me much though as he is always happy and relaxed, sometimes I think a bit too relaxed! He said he found it similar difficulty to the CEM mocks, and there were things in the exam that he hadn't covered.

One thing he did tell me was that he finished with time to spare on two of the sections but didn't check his answers :shock: as he misunderstood the instructions about closing your paper when you have finished!

Looking forward to getting the last one out of the way... although I'm dreading the wait to find out the results!
agsbmum

Post by agsbmum »

Mine came out with smiles too! Said paper was easy. I am dreading the day of the results. Agsb is his 1st choice as he has his elder brother there in the 6th form. I have used this forum during his time and found the posts really helpful. Its such a shame that the kids have to go through this ordeal.
Good luck to all sitting the CEM exam tomorrow
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now