Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lancashire lass

Good luck

Post by Lancashire lass »

To all those DD and DS who are in Lincolnshire schools.... good luck today .
We are out of Lincolnshire (just) so DS will be sitting it tomorrow. So glad I have work today to distract me as I am already a bucket of nerves and It's hard as I am trying not to show that to DS.
Anyway hope I get some sleep tonight and that it goes well for everyone xx
Rhinoguy

Re: Good luck

Post by Rhinoguy »

My DS taking the first exam at KEVIGS , I must say DS is so well prepared , good private tutor etc but still full of nerves but DS seemed confident...... Shall see when DS comes out of the sports hall ..... :D
Lancashire lass

Good luck to both you and your DS Rhino Guy x
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Good luck to those sitting the paper today. DD sat here yersterday and said there were no surprises x
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Agree with @Jetster - DS done Verbal this morning , says no nasty surprises , test info removed by moderator Feeling confident. Some of kids are in tears , bless them as DS prepared very hard over a year. Now will see with non verbal next Sat. :D
Lancashire lass

So glad today is over ..... had DS creating various negative scenarios this morning of what could go wrong... that's what you get when you have a perfectionist who is so hard on himself!!! Had to say to him again and again just do your best and that's all we can ask for.
When we saw him come out with a smile on his face the weight lifted of my shoulders !!!
He finished the paper and managed to look over the paper with time left over .... he was happy with himself...... now for next week, not sure I can go through it again as we had a sleepless night by all yesterday !!
Hope everyone has a good week and here is to this time next week x
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

So do we think today's test was unusually easy?

I was so pleased when dd came out smiling and feeling confident this morning, but now I'm worried that it seems to have been super easy and everyone will have got close to 100%. (We're out of catchment, so dd needs high scores anyway, but I wasn't expecting her to find it so easy.)

DD said they were told when they'd had half of the time and she was already on question 77. That's not like her at all (usually only has 5-10 mins to spare when she finishes practice tests.) She had time to double- and triple-check her answers and only changed three: two that she'd been unsure of and suddenly clicked, and one that she'd made a mistake on. She's only just 10 as well, so really shouldn't have found it that easy. Everyone looked very happy coming out of the sports hall, so it seems like they all felt the same.

We haven't done much practice as I wasn't too worried about it and dd was getting high scores from the start, but she's desperate to get in to KEVIGS, so now I'm worried I've let her down by not doing more. (Not paying for tutoring or anything like that, but maybe a bit more time practising.) We did buy the practice tests the school recommend and she's been spending about 30-40 mins a week doing practice tests, so we haven't done nothing, but maybe we should have done more if everyone is going to be getting top scores? DD is usually better on non-verbal, but she's still only got 100% once, so I think we'll spend a couple of hours practising this week - and now I feel guilty at being too pushy. :lol: You can't win!
Lancashire lass

Ellarootoo.... not sure whether it was unusually easy but my DS found the familiarisation test he sat at the beginning of the summer holidays challenging so he was pleased with how it went today. There were some children still today that came out of the exam saying they hadn't finished or that they had guessed a large number , so If your DD did well then I would say feel proud of her and also the work she and you have put in has paid off.

Let's see what next week has in store for our DS and DD and then it's the hard part which is the waiting game for the result. We are out of catchment but already have a DS at the school so hopefully (everything crossed) we get under sibling.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Oh yes, definitely feeling very proud of her come what may! She's had such a great attitude to doing her best, organising herself to do a practice test every week (and going through errors / better ways to tackle difficult questions with me) and being so positive about it all, and I'm so happy for her that she's feeling confident after today.

Good luck to your DS for next week. It sounds like he's got a great chance and today should have boosted his confidence ready for the next round.

Can't wait for it all to be over with then I can stop second guessing myself over whether we've done enough / too much!
Lancashire lass

To think these are only 10 year olds and the pressure they are under and also how they have given up their time to practice and be motivated ... even when the motivation is low!!!
Fingers crossed that even though you are out of catchment that your DD gets a place .... I remember with my eldest DS how at midnight i logged on to see if he got his place! I am no less nervous this time.
Today we have nothing but chilled all day .... tommorow is another day and the start of more practice for NVR.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now