Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
quasimodo

Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Post by quasimodo »

My youngest dd gets a day off school on Monday 18th September as the new prospective intake sit their exams.As I was at the school today for an event for the new year 7 girls who have joined WGHS this year I thought I would wish good luck to all parents and children sitting the exam.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Goodbyekitty

Re: Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Thank you Quasimodo.
Feeling eerily calm since DS took the Birmingham test.
Well not long to go. :D
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

My DS is very happy to be finishing QM at 1130 Mon!

Goodbyekitty - good luck. Mine found the Walsall test more relaxing (if thats the right word?) than the Birmingham test last year, so hopefully your boy will too.

Just leave extra time especially if you have the morning test as it gets busy on test day.
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Thanks Ricky74.
Hopefully DS will do well in this exam as QM is the school we want.
Oh so the pupils are still at school in the morning?
I thought we were given the afternoon test at 1pm because there was an early morning test round.
Going to park as advised at the Walsall Aboritum and walk down as I imagine parking near the school would be horrendous.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

There is a morning and afternoon test (well there was last year). But yes the students are in as ususal that morning. I think they must start school as normal (9am) then the first sitters come. Previously they have shown morning sitters a film afterwards.

The Arboretum seems like a good option. You get a couple of hours on Arboretum Rd (there's a very strict warden - I know this as my mom lives by the Arboretum) but I think you can park.indefintely on the spaces along the Broadway (the main road).

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Would have liked to be given the morning exam as all DS 's mocks and exam have been early mornings and he does seem more alert then.
This year the info letter from QM states that they have come to an arrangement with the Grange Carpark at the Arboretum for parents to park because of unhappy residents nearby.
Thank you Ricky74 for your crossed fingers. :)
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Hi there,

Our DS2 taking exam at WGHS tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully she will follow in the footsteps of DS1. She told me today that she was feeling anxious about tomorrow. I told her that was natural and used to happen to me before exams. However , when the timer began, it was simply one question after another. Nothing else to think about.

I told her we were very proud of her home prep and she just had one more job to do, then she is done. She liked the sound of that. In bed and thankfully asleep now.

Good luck to you all tomorrow . Experience from our first time told us it all works out for the best in the end, so stay strong and cheerful folks. :)
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

WGHS website says results have been posted today.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Looks like Walsall consortium results should come in tomorrow. Feeling nervous tonight. DD1 goes to WGHS already. DD2 is more of a free spirit. She may have done well, but just starting to feel like she may not have. :?

Will find out tomorrow I guess......
A_Mum

Post by A_Mum »

QMGS website...."Year 7 Admissions for entry in September 2018
The results for our Entrance Test have been posted on Thursday 12th October. If you do not receive your results by Tuesday 17th October please call us or email us to request another copy. No additional copies will be sent out before this date."

:!: :!: :!:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now