Sutton SET results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Golden75

Sutton SET results

Post by Golden75 »

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive the Sutton SET results? The 2nd stage test for Nonsuch and Wallington girls is on 30 Sep already. My DD doesn't want to do any further 11+ prep until she knows that she has passed the SET stage, but if the results of the SET don't come in until late next week that doesn't leave much time :? .
streathammum

Re: Sutton SET results

Post by streathammum »

Last year the SET was on Weds 14 September and results were emailed on Thurs 22 September.

On that basis, you would expect the results to be sent on Weds 27 September.

I realise that doesn't give you a lot of time between results coming out and the second stage test, but remember that everyone will be in the same position. Lots of people will be easing off after the SET and, to be honest, I'm not sure how much benefit last-minute cramming would really be (although you know your own child best, of course).

Last year, the boys' second stage tests were on 1 Oct and 3 Oct (the girls was 1 Oct as well I think) so we had a few more days than you'll get this year but not many.
BlueBells

Post by BlueBells »

I found this info at Sutton Grammar's website under SET FAQs.
http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... -Test-FAQs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When and how do I find out the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test?

You will receive an email during Tuesday 26 September 2017 with the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test.
No information regarding ranking will be given. No review service or re-mark of papers will be available.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Thank you for your responses streathammum and BlueBells :) !

We have decided to just relax and see what happens on the 26th. No further 11+ work until then. My DD came out of today's SET looking absolutely drained and exhausted, she thought the tests had been very difficult and didn't finish the maths paper, so she is convinced she wont get through to stage 2. Right now she just needs lots of hugs and words of encouragement, she is feeling pretty low at the moment... :(
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I just showed your post to my son, who started at Sutton Grammar school a few weeks ago. He said that he had exactly the same feeling when he came out of the SET last year and also that he didn't finish the maths. Don't be too disheartened, it's impossible to know at the moment how your daughter got on.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Golden75 my DD didn't finish the maths either and found it very hard. Others around her also left questions out.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

My DD didn't finish the maths either, everyone we spoke to at school this afternoon said the same thing too.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Thank you all for your reassuring words, it's good to hear that my DD wasn't the only one who didn't finish the maths paper. DD is feeling much more positive today, upwards and onwards :) !
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Just read on Greenshaw High School's website that the SET reserve day (ie. for those who were sick on the 19th) is on the 27th...so how can the SET results be published on the 26th if some children are still sitting the SET on the 27th :? :?:

Edit: I called Nonsuch to check about the reserve day and whether the SET results are still going out on the 26th. They confirmed that the results for anyone who sat the test on the 19th are still going out on the 26th and anyone who sits the test on the reserve day on the 27th and meets the pass mark will also go through to round 2.

I think I need to go for a long walk or take up knitting or something to take my mind off the SET for a while :lol: