SET 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MumPran

SET 2017

Post by MumPran »

Hi, My son finished his SET today. Just wondering how the kids have been finding the maths and English tests. My son left out 7 questions in Maths and finished English. He thinks he got most of the attempted ones correct in Maths. Are the kids finding Maths paper tough to complete?
HogRoast

Re: SET 2017

Post by HogRoast »

It seems like the maths was harder than the English today.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Ditto, my DD didn't finish the maths paper either (not sure how many q's were unanswered as she doesn't really want to talk about it at the moment). She finished the English paper, but thought it was difficult.

I wont say any more than that as there are still DC's out there who will be doing the same SET paper next week (those who called in sick today).

Good luck to your DS MumPran!
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Good point . no wonder there have been no responses to this post . I actually thought everyone finished today . but forgot about the ones that called in sick.

ok will leave any discussions for now.

Thanks
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Same here - didn't finish and exhausted.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Playground chatter says Maths was hard. We don't know anyone who finished it. DD enjoyed the English, having previously read the comprehension text! So she was pleased.

Just the waiting game now...
Jazzy21

Post by Jazzy21 »

My DD did the test today, but didn't find the test overly difficult. She said it wasn't easy, but not very difficult, also said there were 4-5 qs in maths that she didn't know the answers to, but marked whatever she thought the closest answers were to them. So thankfully, didn't leave out any questions out. But now after reading all the comments here, I'm getting really worried, sincerely hope she hasn't misinterpreted the maths paper specially.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Jazzy21 - My DD didn't find it impossible but said that the maths was harder than most of the practice papers she's done at home. She left one question out but, like your DD she did have to estimate a few. She is exhausted though! Try not to worry.
Jazzy21

Post by Jazzy21 »

MCLC wrote:Jazzy21 - My DD didn't find it impossible but said that the maths was harder than most of the practice papers she's done at home. She left one question out but, like your DD she did have to estimate a few. She is exhausted though! Try not to worry.
Agreed. They've all done their best. We cannot change anything. Fingers crossed for the results for each one of us.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Yes I agree!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now