Travelling to st olaves from bexley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Juneboy

Travelling to st olaves from bexley

Post by Juneboy »

Hello

Does anyone know the best route to travel to st olaves from the bexley area? Is it 51 bus from welling? Feels a little far so wondering whether it's worth doing the test if we are worried about the journey.

JB
salsa

Re: Travelling to st olaves from bexley

Post by salsa »

Juneboy wrote:Hello

Does anyone know the best route to travel to st olaves from the bexley area? Is it 51 bus from welling? Feels a little far so wondering whether it's worth doing the test if we are worried about the journey.

JB
I would do the journey during school hours to determine if it is feasible. I eliminated a few schools this way, even though they were closer than other schools which were better connected.
I believe there are coaches to St Olave's as well as it being close to the train station.

Salsa
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Lewis Coaches do various routes to Olaves and Newstead, perhaps check with them?
Juneboy

Post by Juneboy »

Thanks, will look for contact info and check on coaches
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Just search for Lewis Coaches on this forum, this thread for example has contact details and info about a route via Welling https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... es#p625833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

If you are near a station, then train to Hither Green and then train to Orpington may be quicker than sitting on a bus.
YogaMan

Post by YogaMan »

You have many options including 51 on public transport. Check this out mentioning Lewis Coaches and goes through Bexley.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 51&t=50171
Juneboy

Post by Juneboy »

I called Lewes coaches and they have a coach daily from Bexleyheath at 7.40 am. Should be a bit faster than bus 51.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Juneboy wrote:I called Lewes coaches and they have a coach daily from Bexleyheath at 7.40 am. Should be a bit faster than bus 51.
Unless your DS never gets the urge to take part in any after school activities (some genuinely have no interest), it would be a good idea also to equip him for getting back independently - presumably the coach only picks up once at the end of the day?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I would echo what ToadMum says. The school run buses to Olaves only operate one bus after school leaving at 4pm. Try to trial another route home via buses/trains so your ds can make the most of the after school opportunites. The 51 bus is very regular and will be travelling against the traffic on the way home so it may be quicker than you think and plenty of boys use it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now