Independent schools Suffolk

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tiredtiredmum

Independent schools Suffolk

Post by Tiredtiredmum »

Dear mums and dads,
I would be very grateful if you could share some of your thoughts about independent schools in Suffolk. particularly Woodbridge, Royal hospital etc. My son's profile is not sporty, clumpsy, academically above average but needs motivation, most importantly vulnerable to get bullied or become victim of physical banter because he is very soft. We didn't make it for grammar eventhough we tried. We don't rule out state schools as well but I think independent might be better with small class etc. He doesn't have EHCP so no funding for him anyway in state school. Thank you so much for your kind help. I particularly would like to know about Woodbridge because it is what we have in mind currently. How is it in terms of academic and behaviourwise?
ToadMum

Re: Independent schools Suffolk

Post by ToadMum »

What year is he currently in?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MrsB

Re: Independent schools Suffolk

Post by MrsB »

We looked at some of the Suffolk independents a while ago. We didn't look at Woodbridge but I believe it is on a par with RHS academically. The reputation of RHS is that it quite sporty. We were also put off RHS by the long days, the fact they have to go in on Saturday and there is a high proportion of boarders, so we were concerned that day pupils might not feel fully included. Ultimately we did not go independent, but if we had, we would have gone with the Ipswich School - like most independents, they do place quite a significant emphasis on sport, but overall they seemed to us more balanced and sensitive to individual difference. It is probably the more academic of the three.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now