11+ alternative dates.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Drainforth

11+ alternative dates.

Post by Drainforth »

Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'm in SS4 area & my son has been given a date to sit the 11+ of 3rd October at WHSB. Anyone else got this date? Also I wondered if anyone has had experience of a better chance of a place due to an existing sibling at the school? Thanks.
ToadMum

Re: 11+ alternative dates.

Post by ToadMum »

Drainforth wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'm in SS4 area & my son has been given a date to sit the 11+ of 3rd October at WHSB. Anyone else got this date? Also I wondered if anyone has had experience of a better chance of a place due to an existing sibling at the school? Thanks.
I'm sure lots of people will also have DC sitting on the 3rd - I think SHSB said they were expecting about 50 ( may have misheard - when I helped out on the reserve date a couple of years ago, there were about 100 boys and girls altogether, but that did include a whole school's worth of candidates whose head had helpfully timed their residential for the main date :shock: ).

There is no sibling link for the grammar schools.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

There is not preferential treatment for siblings at any of the southend/Essex grammar schools.
leighmum

Post by leighmum »

Am I right that those taking the paper on 3rd October will have a totally different paper to those who took theirs a few days ago?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

leighmum wrote:Am I right that those taking the paper on 3rd October will have a totally different paper to those who took theirs a few days ago?
Unless they have changed the habit of a lifetime, so to speak - yes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Idoknow

Post by Idoknow »

The tests have to be different but, they will be moderated, standardised and double checked by the people who wrote them and by professionals who do the calculations - they have been doing it for years, anyway.
Good luck to all on that day and then, let the wait be over soon!