When do schools get the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Silver

When do schools get the results?

Post by Silver »

Hi, does anyone know when the schools receive the results? Also does anyone know what the maximum minimum scores are for essay, verbal and maths? Is the maximum score 700? Sorry for the questions, I live in Kent so not so sure about the Medway Test and I know it has changed to CEM this year so not sure how this changes anything.
gravesendgal

Re: When do schools get the results?

Post by gravesendgal »

Hi, pretty sure your Kent school wont receive anything about the Medway results - if that's what you mean....
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hi

Oh I didn't realise that. I thought the schools ooc still get results in advance so they can carry out a headteachers appeal. Is that not correct? Do they not get the results at all?
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

I wouldn't expect my Kent headteacher to appeal for any exams taken out of county. They are not even required to appeal the Kent Test, and we will not find out if they appealled and failed. No doubt Medway headteachers have a mechanism to appeal their area's children.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

No only in county appeals i think.... i'm pretty sure Kent Heads will not be notified of Medway results.

Our head did appeal a school allocation last year though for a child that wanted to go to a Medway school and didn't get it - she won!
Silver

Post by Silver »

That's encouraging. Does that mean the Headteacher knew the results earlier so they could appeal? Also can anyone tell me what is the process for the Headteacher's appeal in general? I.e. how does the process work, how long does it take and does the headteacher attend an appeal with their evidence and get the result immediately? Just curious. Thanks.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

In terms of the school appeal, offers are made in April and they don't start until September so plenty of time to look into that.

In Kent, in our school, the Head will know the results already and they will lodge an appeal without you knowing (if they think it's suitable IE 1 mark miss type thing) or perhaps a child that's had a catastrophic fail that should have usually passed. You won't know that the head has appealed until you request scores from the Head/Council after results day as if your head successfully appeals for you then your result will just say suitable for grammar...

Some don't even bother to find out scores, however if you do that's when you'll find out that your child failed and got through on appeal.

Hope that helps
Silver

Post by Silver »

Thank you for your reply. So helpful. Do you know anything about the actual process. I think our school found out results end of last week and yesterday collected all children's books etc. I was wondering how long the process takes for HTA and what's involved. I understand they collate evidence etc and fill in forms (I think) but what next? Do they attend the actual appeal and if so when? And if they do attend, are they told there and then if the child has been changed to a pass or not? Sorry for long questions, just curious.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Hmmm not sure i know much more, sorry Silver. Someone on here will do though.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hopefully! but thank you so much for all of your help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now