SET result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Niegs

Re: SET result

Post by Niegs »

My DD got through to the second stage.Congrats to everyone who did manage to get into the second round.Hood luck to everyone
doingthisonce

Post by doingthisonce »

DD got invited too!

Can someone tell me what second stage is about? We need to prep (and haven't...)
vinkhub

Post by vinkhub »

Hi,

If anyone can help - a bit urgent. My DS has the following result (crying for an hour now....).

Greenshaw High School – has met selective standard
Nonsuch High School for Girls – has not qualified for second stage testing
Wallington High School for Girls – has not qualified for second stage testing

There is no score mentioned.

So, I am wondering shouldn't I be getting a score in the email? I tried calling Nonsuch, but they suggested to contact Sutton Grammar as that's where the results are being sent out from. I am unable to get through but will keep trying.

Secondly, is there anyway I can request for her sheets to be remarked.

Apologies - if this sounds a bit selfish, but just googled yesterday and stumbled upon this forum. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
vinkhub
Bee

Post by Bee »

vinkhub wrote:Hi,

If anyone can help - a bit urgent. My DS has the following result (crying for an hour now....).

Greenshaw High School – has met selective standard
Nonsuch High School for Girls – has not qualified for second stage testing
Wallington High School for Girls – has not qualified for second stage testing

There is no score mentioned.

So, I am wondering shouldn't I be getting a score in the email? I tried calling Nonsuch, but they suggested to contact Sutton Grammar as that's where the results are being sent out from. I am unable to get through but will keep trying.

Secondly, is there anyway I can request for her sheets to be remarked.

Apologies - if this sounds a bit selfish, but just googled yesterday and stumbled upon this forum. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
vinkhub
I think if you qualify for one of the schools they do not give out scores,

Please check Nonsuch website, I'm pretty sure it states how to get your paper remarked. I think it's £30
vinkhub

Post by vinkhub »

Thanks Bee for pointing me in the right direction:

As per the faqs on Nonsuch website here http://www.nonsuchschool.org/297/select ... -test-faqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1) No option for remark/review on SET.
2) No score given if the candidate qualifies for 1 or more schools.

We are not looking for a place at Greenshaw, but if someone is, then it is very difficult for them to place Greenshaw on CAF without knowing the score.

I will drop an email to SET2018Entry@suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk and would also try to reach Sutton Grammar - once their office opens in the morning.

Thanks again :-(
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Hi Vinkhub,
So sorry your daughter didn't get the result she hoped for.
She must have been close to the threshold to have passed for Greenshaw.
Unless things have changed there is no chance to see papers or have a remark.
It's only the girls schools that give a score. The boys don't get one.CAFs for the boys have to be done without knowledge of the score.
Your daughter won't be eligible to sit the next stage but you can still appeal after 1/3/18 if you name the schools on your CAF.
If you don't put them on the CAF you can't appeal.
Wishing you the best of luck.
bambina

Post by bambina »

Hi Vinkhub, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. I hope you don't mind, but can I ask if she sat the test in the morning, because if she did, you could possibly mention the problem with some of the questions on the maths paper, as this may have cost her one or two marks. Wishing you both all the best.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Having chatted to some friends this morning, it seems that girls had to score 207 or more to be invited to sit the 2nd stage test. Boys had to score 214/215 to sit the 2nd stage for Sutton and Wilsons.

They needed to score 200 or more to be eligible to apply for Greenshaw.

PP your daughter must have scored between 200 and 206 to get the email you did.
vinkhub

Post by vinkhub »

Sutton Admissions Office confirmed they won't remark daughter's sheets. As per the person on phone the sheets were remarked manually after the computer marking. Secondly, scores are deliberately not mentioned as a policy when a child is eligible to apply for any of the schools - doing so can lead to issues among children who go on to join that school.

Thanks all for you help. Best wishes.
vinkhub

Post by vinkhub »

bambina wrote:Hi Vinkhub, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. I hope you don't mind, but can I ask if she sat the test in the morning, because if she did, you could possibly mention the problem with some of the questions on the maths paper, as this may have cost her one or two marks. Wishing you both all the best.
That was my basis for the call requesting them to remark sheets. See response in previous post. Thanks again.