Verbal and non verbal reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Farah

Verbal and non verbal reasoning

Post by Farah »

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this sounds silly, but I have just started looking into the 11+ for my son who is in year 4. I wanted to know does he need to study any verbal and non verbal reasoning books as this site only shows english and maths for our area? I haven't gone for any formal tutoring yet so looking into books myself at the moment.

Thanks
Tinkers

Re: Verbal and non verbal reasoning

Post by Tinkers »

Which schools are you looking to try for?
Farah

Post by Farah »

I'm looking at Wilson, Sutton and Wellington boys all which are within travelling distance and in Surrey.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

They are in Sutton, in fact, not Surrey, so if you want to look them up you need to go to the Sutton website, not Surrey.

There is info on the schools' websites about the tests. The tests are English and Maths, not verbal and non-verbal. The first stage test is multiple choice, the second stage test (for Wilson's and Sutton Grammar) is standard format. Wallington Boys doesn't have a second stage test.
Farah

Post by Farah »

Thank you so much. I was looking at this site and school websites. All I could see was maths and English...which was why I was wondering verbal and non verbal reasoning hàs not been mentioned. I wanted to be sure hence the question on the forum.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now