Local bus stops to close

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Local bus stops to close

Post by um »

This is regarding local/public buses - not the Green Bus

It's been announced that a number of bus stops (not buses but stops on the route) are going to close soon so I thought that I'd put these on here for parents.

Some of these services (especially the 11, 35, 50 and 5) are, I know, used by children to get to the Camp Hill Schools.

The full list of closed bus stops can be seen here:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... d-13681495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pmc

Re: Local bus stops to close

Post by pmc »

The Green Bus routes do not have designated stops – the buses will actually stop at any bus stop flag on their route. Therefore, if any of these closing stops are on roads served by one of the Green Bus routes, then it will cease to be a place where the Green bus could stop. If there are any children currently using one of these stops, they would need to use the next nearest bus stop on their route instead.
um

Post by um »

I guess it would be worth asking the Green Bus directly if they would still stop there - they seem to be reasonably flexible?
pmc

Post by pmc »

They do seem to be very reasonable and if there is still a stop there – if it is just those particular routes mentioned that will no longer use it – then I see no reason why GB wouldn't continue to stop there if/when needed.

If, however, the bus stop itself is closed/removed, then GB will not be permitted to pick up or set down there any more as it will be no different from any other random point on the route without a bus stop. There's undoubtedly more than a few pertinent road traffic regulations and Operator's Licence conditions about only using "proper" bus stops, and probably a whole raft of insurance constraints too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now