Anyone considering Invicta open day on 5th October?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Frankie101

Anyone considering Invicta open day on 5th October?

Post by Frankie101 »

I really want to attend the Invicta open day on 5th October but the problem is that the open day is before we get results. This seems really unfair on DC. Why do they choose to do open days before results? If DC hasn't passed, then it is seems cruel to go. In any event, what are your views on attending a grammar open day before results? I am thinking of giving it a miss and awaiting results first, but then DC won't get a chance to attend the open day.
mad?

Re: Anyone considering Invicta open day on 5th October?

Post by mad? »

Until recently their results did not come out until after the CAF had to be submitted so in many ways you are lucky that you have the opportunity to loo around the school before listing schools. I imagine they assume people will have done their research already, before deciding to go for the 11+, otherwise how would one know that one wanted a DC to go to any grammar school at all?
mad?
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Hi Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if you misunderstood my post. I am not speaking of the results of the Invicta School. What I mean is that I am awaiting the results of the 11 plus for my DC. I would like to go to the Invicta Open Day with my DC but I worry that if DC hasn't passed the 11 plus but loves Invicta, then it will be unfair.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think the point was that it might be a good idea to visit before registering for the test, to see if it was a suitable school. Many people go in year 5. I think you have to go, really, it's the only opportunity.
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote:I think the point was that it might be a good idea to visit before registering for the test, to see if it was a suitable school. Many people go in year 5. I think you have to go, really, it's the only opportunity.
Thank you scary mum, yes, this is what I meant.
mad?
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Oh I see (I apologise). We have already visited in Year 5 but it was a while ago. I thought it would be nice to go again and see it with fresh eyes but I think I've answered my own question. I have been before so think it best to await results. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Good luck Frankie 101
mad?
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Thank you mad? You too, if you are awaiting results.
Eddas

Post by Eddas »

Invicta have two weeks off for October half term, so they aren't actually in school after Friday 13th October and go back after the CAF is due in, so it has to be before the results.
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Thank you Eddas, now it makes perfect sense. Decided to skip the open day and awaiting results. We have been before and DC loved the school. Now we just have to wait patiently for the results. It's amazing how slow time seems to pass when you are waiting for something! Best of luck to everyone awaiting 11 plus results. I hope you all get the news you are wanting. Perhaps we can do a countdown thread!