Sutton boys second stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
arki

Sutton boys second stage

Post by arki »

Could anybody help? Is the maths multiple choice or step by step working? Is the English writing in pencils or pens? Many thanks.
sleeplessmum

Re: Sutton boys second stage

Post by sleeplessmum »

My son sat it two years ago and the second stage is problem solving no mcq.
sleeplessmum

Post by sleeplessmum »

Sorry forgot to answer the English, he wrote in pencil not sure what the requirements are now for boys.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

The Sutton girls sat the 2nd stage test yesterday and had to write the English test in biro/ballpoint pen.
Niegs

Post by Niegs »

They were given the option to use the pen if they had one, yesterday.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Ah, ok, didn't realise the girls had the option to use pen or pencil. My DD always prefers to use a ballpoint, so the pencil option didn't even register on her radar :D .
worriedmum2017

Post by worriedmum2017 »

Can the children write in handwriting pens if they want to ? My son struggles a lot with biro or ball point pen . Their school also doesn't allow ball point pens and hence he is used with only handwriting pens . He is fine with either pencil or pen .. so I am confused . Can anyone englighten me on this please ?
sleeplessmum

Post by sleeplessmum »

Hi worriedmum, the girls were told to bring a balled point pen and pencil ( on the email).

Best to read the requirements ( what to bring) for the second stage for the boys, they should of stated it on the email.

If in doubt could email/ call them but for memory a pencil should be fine.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

My DD was under the impression they had to write in pen for the English. She prefers pencil and her writing is isn't great at the best of times so I can't imagine what it looked like yesterday!
Junebaby

Post by Junebaby »

My DD also said that they were specifically asked to write in pen for English. Those that didn't have a pen had to write in pencil, but she did overhear an invigilator saying to one girl it was in the email when the girl said she didn't have a pen.
Moral of the story please read what it says in the email instructions and follow it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now