Results being emailed this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dremma

Results being emailed this year

Post by Dremma »

I just had a letter from WCC about doing my application for secondary school (waiting on 11plus results so haven't completed yet)
Anyway, this year it says that if you applied online you'll only receive results via email from 8.30am on Monday 16th October. I think in previous years the results have been posted and you don't get them until the next day.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Results being emailed this year

Post by kenyancowgirl »

We were able to log in and see the status of our application (i.e. We could see place offered by KES) but not the results of the test.

For speed and economy email is better, however, although I would still have to print out the results as they always took me a couple of attempts to understand them!
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

We're OOC so this is news to me. I thought that the results were being posted, but that's great if they are being emailed. Our postie comes quite late in the afternoon and the suspense would be too much to bear. So, if we registered for the 11+ test online (which we did), we should hear by email. But if the 11+ test was applied for by paper application then results will be posted. Have I understood that correctly?
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

This is news to me as well. Makes sense from a cost perspective, but I don't see anything on the website which states this.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

I've taken a look at the WCC online leaflet called 'School Admissions Secondary Leaflet' and on the very last page titled 'Important dates for applications' it says under 16th October - "11+ test results posted or emailed to parents"

Yet, on the 'grammar school' page of WCC, http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grammarschool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; right at the bottom it says 16th October 2016 - 11+ test results posted. No mention of email. :?

Hmm, fingers crossed for an email then.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

Ooh this is new news!

I was expecting a very long wait for the postman on Tuesday or Wednesday (our post is sporadic to say the least).

Lets hope it true and Monday 16th is the day - has anyone spoken to WCC to confirm?
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

It definitely says in the letter I received from WCC dated 29/9/17
"If your child has sat the Warwickshire 11+selection test, results will be available from 16th October 2017. If you registered your child for the 11+ test online then results will only be available via email, which will be sent from 8.30am on Monday 16th October."

It was news to me too - I thought it would be via post.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Hmm, just spoke on the phone with admissions and they said that they had hoped to be able to email them this year, but sadly (for unexplained reasons) that isn't going to happen now. Boo. :(

So, we wait for the postie after all.
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

That's a shame! Well it will leave some people a bit confused if they get this letter to say an email will be e coming then no email arrives!! Looks like it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday then. Birmingham results seem to come out earlier then judging by the forum (Fri 13th I think?)
Surely it would save a lot of money on postage by emailing?
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Apologies, I should also have added that they said the letter would be posted first class to arrive BY the 16th. Not posted ON the 16th. Maybe, there is a slim chance we might get them on Saturday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now