Dates for 2018 tests TGS/Nonsuch

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KingstonMama

Dates for 2018 tests TGS/Nonsuch

Post by KingstonMama »

Based on previous years, does anyone have a rough idea when they might announce the dates of the 2018 tests for 2019 entry for Tiffins Girls and Nonsuch? DD has a potential residential trip with school around that time and we have to pay up soon! It'd be a shame to miss out on the trip if it turns out the dates don't clash!
Golden75

Re: Dates for 2018 tests TGS/Nonsuch

Post by Golden75 »

Usually school trips require an initial deposit payment followed by installments/full payment later. If you don't mind potentially losing the deposit, you could just sign her up for the trip and worse case scenario is that you lose the deposit if the dates clash with the test dates in 2018.

If you don't want to lose your deposit, maybe you could speak to your school and explain that you wont be able to confirm your child's school trip attendance until you know the test dates? There may be other kids in the same situation.

I don't recall when exactly the 2017 test dates were announced, but I think the schools are too busy dealing with the 2017 entrance tests at the moment to think about 2018 test dates.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

This thread would help you see approximately when 2017 test dates were announced.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 30&t=49522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nonsuch dates for stage 2 were announced towards end of Feb 2017.
Tiffin Girls dates were announced before mid March 2017.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Thanks! I don't want to lose £150 deposit - last year's Nonsuch was 5 days before the date of the trip in Sept which seems to me a bit close for comfort.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now