Bexley Test Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shivasridharan

Bexley Test Marks

Post by shivasridharan »

My son sat for the Bexley Test and these are the marks, can anyone explain how are these marks calculated please? What are the total marks for each subject?
Verbal Reasoning 224.74
Non Verbal Reasoning 258.88
Numerical Reasoning 261.91

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Bexley Test Marks

Post by scary mum »

I believe, from reading this page https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a standardised score with a maximum of 280 (it's not out of 280 though. There is another thread from a couple of days ago with some discussion of this. It has 214 in the title!
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

shivasridharan wrote:My son sat for the Bexley Test and these are the marks, can anyone explain how are these marks calculated please? What are the total marks for each subject?
Verbal Reasoning 224.74

Thanks
They are standardised scores.

They are not out of anything (although as scary mum has said, the maximum score achieved will be somewhere around 280).

From data given elsewhere, we know that a standardised score of 214 or above means that a candidate is within the top 32%; assuming that the overall score is the average of the three, your DS's standardised score puts him well up within the 1800+ who passed (although not in the top 180?). However, if he is not in the top 180, I understand that the score above the pass mark is irrelevant, as places are allocated on other criteria such as distance and sibling link?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
shivasridharan

Post by shivasridharan »

scary mum wrote:I believe, from reading this page https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a standardised score with a maximum of 280 (it's not out of 280 though. There is another thread from a couple of days ago with some discussion of this. It has 214 in the title!
He got standadise score of 242 but not in 180.
shivasridharan

Post by shivasridharan »

ToadMum wrote:
shivasridharan wrote:My son sat for the Bexley Test and these are the marks, can anyone explain how are these marks calculated please? What are the total marks for each subject?
Verbal Reasoning 224.74

Thanks
They are standardised scores.

They are not out of anything (although as scary mum has said, the maximum score achieved will be somewhere around 280).

From data given elsewhere, we know that a standardised score of 214 or above means that a candidate is within the top 32%; assuming that the overall score is the average of the three, your DS's standardised score puts him well up within the 1800+ who passed (although not in the top 180?). However, if he is not in the top 180, I understand that the score above the pass mark is irrelevant, as places are allocated on other criteria such as distance and sibling link?
His Standardise score is 242 but not in top 180
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The Bexley website says:
The total score is weighted, by adding 50% of the verbal ability score, 25% of the numerical ability score and 25% of the non verbal ability score.
Therefore you have to add the numerical ability and the non-verbal scores together, divide by 2, add the verbal ability score, and divide by 2 again to reach your overall weighted score.
shivasridharan

Post by shivasridharan »

streathammum wrote:The Bexley website says:
The total score is weighted, by adding 50% of the verbal ability score, 25% of the numerical ability score and 25% of the non verbal ability score.
Therefore you have to add the numerical ability and the non-verbal scores together, divide by 2, add the verbal ability score, and divide by 2 again to reach your overall weighted score.
He got 242