Transport from Maidenhead to High Wycombe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kol

Transport from Maidenhead to High Wycombe

Post by kol »

Are there any school buses running from Maidenhead to Royal Grammar or John Hampden.
Guest55

Re: Transport from Maidenhead to High Wycombe

Post by Guest55 »

Why would there be? Bucks does not need to lay on transport from outside the catchment.

Are you near enough either school to get a place?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

People tend to get in from Maidenhead, it's not that far. OP, there won't be school coaches but there may well be private ones. The school may be able to tell you.
scary mum
kol

Post by kol »

Royal grammar took out of catchment last year
kol

Post by kol »

Thanks scarymum

Guest55 if they didn't take out of catchment I wouldn't be asking question.. I am not asking for free transport but where I can pay for private service

In 2017 they took Upto 8.55 miles
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There is no guarantee for this year though and you did not say how far you were - Maidenhead stretches quite a way.

Btw, Bucks students only get free transport to their nearest school not necessarily to a GS.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

A quick Google brought this up, I don't know if it up to date or any help but probably worth talking to them. Well done for looking into all this before applying, it will help you to make an informed decision.
http://www.appletravel.co.uk/services/school-contracts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Watching this thread with interest. We are out of catchment too and looking at RGS and JHGS.

Kol, have you visited the school? I'd love to compare notes with you.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

As an aside, we looked at the possibility of buses.
The arrangement according to Bucks CC is that they offer free buses to the nearest secondary, or parent funded buses to another Bucks school (something like £600 per year). Once all the Bucks children have been offered transport, any spare places on the buses may be applied for by out of county parents: you still have to get them to the nearest official in-Bucks bus stop, and they are bussed to/from the school.

So it's not clear how far in advance you'll know if they are available, but Bucks buses may be an option for you if you don't mind driving child to them.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Anecdotally people can find that they do not get places on the Bucks transport until Oct so be prepared to either drive your child or use alternative transport for the first couple of weeks. https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... allocated/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now