Countdown to results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Frankie101

Countdown to results day

Post by Frankie101 »

Anyone else finding the wait excruciatingly painful? I find that I'm not sleeping properly, waking through the night. I am keeping busy with work but can't stop thinking about it. Anyone else feeling this way?
Sparklecat

Re: Countdown to results day

Post by Sparklecat »

No, but then I have some other concerns at the moment, plus there are two results days to wait for. My worry is if she fails to do well enough on Medway, then it really will be all or nothing, and a strong indication that the prospects are not good.
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

We are in the same predicament. Medway results on monday then Kent on Thursday. I am not consciously thinking about it but it keeps creeping into into mind. We don't have a good local comp close by. Our local comp is rough and has a bad reputation locally which makes it so much harder.
Runrunrun

Post by Runrunrun »

Yes. My head feels like it's going to explode with the stress of it all. I'm annoying myself. It will not be the end of the world if he doesn't pass BUT I m not sleeping well and it's on my mind constantly. Pass or fail I can't wait for Thursday to be over with!
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

I'm not losing sleep over it BUT am trying really hard not to think about it too much as I feel a bit sick/panicky. My main worry is how it will be if one twin passes and the other doesn't. I haven't mentioned results day to them as I don't want it to be on their minds I'll do the worrying for them... What really annoys me is the idea that the results are done (and have even been given to some out of county parents - see the Bexley thread) and yet we still have to wait for the dreaded email. At least it's less than a week now until they put us out of our misery - roll on Thursday 4pm!
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

My other worry (sorry) is that if one or both of them doesn't pass, I'll feel guilty that we should have done more to prepare them. We made a decision not to have a paid tutor - partly financial, partly wanting to avoid pressure on them - and I thought I could do a decent job of DIY tuition / preparation. I'm an English teacher, which helps (though not with Non-Verbal Reasoning!). If they don't pass, I'll be regretting that decision, for sure.
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

It is a horrible time and I sympathise. I know passing isn't the be all and end all but like you say we just want to know so we can get on with it. It must be an added pressure with twins and I hope they both pass. Don't beat yourself up about it as I am sure you did all you could.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Bellabelly,

I remember that feeling very well last year waiting for the dreaded result and luckily de passed and has settled well into his GS . Wishing your twins the very best . Did they take the medway test as well? It’s always worth keeping your options open . Good luck .
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Thanks all, it's nice to be able to offload on here - don't want to go on about it in "real life".

No, they didn't do the Medway Test - we're in West Kent so a bit too far for us. Medway results are out tomorrow, aren't they? Good luck to anyone who's getting their results tomorrow - hope it's all good news!
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Hi all, sorry to hear you are all struggling, it will soon be over.

How many of you are waiting on results today and hoping for a really good result (IE living in Kent but wanting a Medway school as a first choice)

Wishing everyone the results that they need! Check back in later for results xx

Sparklecat, hope you're ok xx