Looking forward to Friday/Dreading Friday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2littleboys

Looking forward to Friday/Dreading Friday

Post by 2littleboys »

Hi

How can it be possible to feel two polar opposites about the results on Friday? :roll:

Iam dreading Friday ie getting the results envelope, opening it and dealing with my child's upset and disappointment if the results are not what he wanted.

I can't wait for Friday in the hope that he may have qualified.

Whatever the result at least I will know for sure on Friday which is good-I think :?
Guest55

Re: Looking forward to Friday/Dreading Friday

Post by Guest55 »

Try to think of it as a beginning not 'an end' ... children do well in many of the schools in Bucks :D
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I second this. It seems like the most important result in the world at the moment, but in a few years' time things will look very different, whatever the result on Friday.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thank you-I know you are both right but it's hard to feel positive at the moment.
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

I just want it to be over! I expect it's bad form to be drunk when collecting your child on results day so I'm going to have to find another way to distract myself.

BM
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

I think the important thing is going through the process, feeing that whatever the outcome you gave your child the best chance you could.
And reassuring the child that life is unpredictable but things will be ok either way.

A year on from DD1s results and I can report that all her friends, both those that "made it to grammar", and those who are in various uppers/academies all do seem to have found their niche, and that goes for the bright ones who were unsuccessful just as much as those who are in grammars. (In fact the wobbliest feedback has been from a grammar child who found adjusting to the journey to a quite distant grammar place tricky, and all their friends live miles away so hard to meet up out of school time.).

So be assured once the waiting is done at least you can then make plans.
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

I'm looking forward to being put out of my misery but also while there's no envelope there's still hope.

Dd isn't talking about it at all she's not mentioned Friday .

Not knowing is usually the worst thing but here ignorance is most definately bliss
Phrase&Fable

Post by Phrase&Fable »

Trouble here is that even if DD is successful she isn't sure whether she wants to go to a Grammar (and if so which one) or not. We are about a mile OOC and have the luxury of a Comp as the alternative. Given the allocation distances we know that whatever she puts first she will get. I understand this is a very nice problem to have and many people would love to be in this position.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thanks everyone-I'm sure I will be back on here many times between now and Friday.

The last few weeks have flown by (IMO) but I bet this last week will d-r-a-g.
Louey

Post by Louey »

I'm much the same 2littleboys. I'll be so glad once the results are in, at least you can move forward whatever they are.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now