Lowest ranking offers last year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
purplelilacs

Lowest ranking offers last year

Post by purplelilacs »

Hi

Am in the agonising wait for the results from this year's exam as so many of us here are.

I've been reading back through old threads trying to search out useful stats to have with me for when the letter finally arrives later this week.

Somebody very helpfully posted this from offer time in March this year with the AQS and waiting list scores for each school:

For entry in 2017
KES 232 (232 in 2016) Waiting list from 225+ (226+ in 2016)
SGGS 220 (222 in 2016) Waiting list from 212+ (216+ in 2016)
AGS 213 (217 in 2016) Waiting list from 208+ (212+ in 2016)

LSS 209 (207 in 2016) Waiting list from 205 (202 in 2016)
RHS 207 (205 in 2016) Waiting list from 203 (200 in 2016)
Ashlawn 206 (203 in 2016) Waiting list from 200 (198 in 2016)

I just wondered if anyone knew what rankings those scores relate to? And also how far down the waiting list offers went this year for each school?

Apologies if I've missed it somewhere. Just thought it might be helpful for us all to have that info nearby come Saturday/Monday!

I'm in the South but know others here will be interested in the East scores too.

Thanks in advance.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Lowest ranking offers last year

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There is some info on rankings attached to the scores in this thread

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 5&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
purplelilacs

Post by purplelilacs »

Thanks for your reply Kenyancowgirl

I found one in that thread:

SGGS offer for score of 221. Ranking 153 southern girls.

That's close to the AQS. Can anyone signpost me to other sources of info?

No worries if not obviously.

Does anyone know if admissions give out that information if asked?

Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If I can find my notepad from last year I will transfer the info onto here - I had various scores and ranks written down - thought htere was a thread on it but havent found it yet!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

A few more on this one...

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 37&t=48791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Also I heard that this time number of students who appeared for exam were quite high so should we baseline based on last year's scores? Should we just focus on the ranking then?
I am so tensed and stressed that cannot even work properly - have been visiting this site so regularly just to settle my nerves, I think !!!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You should only ever focus on the rank - the score to a certain extent is irrelevant but where your child is ranked is key.
BlueKnows

Post by BlueKnows »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... &start=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above page may help it has scores and most but not all rankings ...HTH
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

I still don't understand - so we are are priority 3 of RHS and Ashlawn...this is for eastern area
So what should my DD rank upto to have a sure shot case... will it be to be top 60??
My DD says she did not do well so I am not hoping much ... i m still wondering what would be a definite rankingto let her through if at all :-)
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Ashu wrote:I still don't understand - so we are are priority 3 of RHS and Ashlawn...this is for eastern area
So what should my DD rank upto to have a sure shot case... will it be to be top 60??
My DD says she did not do well so I am not hoping much ... i m still wondering what would be a definite rankingto let her through if at all :-)
If she is ranked top 60 for Eastern area that would be a cert, but even much lower you have a good chance. The ranking will be for ALL girls taking in the Eastern area, they could be in a lower admissions category, they could not rank RHS / Ashlawn first or they may not apply at all. There are some PP places that can take the places on lower scores but I think if you DD ranks in top 100 for Eastern area your chances are good.

Fingers crossed for all our DCs for Friday, Saturday, Monday or whenever these results arrive!