Reading School vs Sir William Borlase

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlpj

Reading School vs Sir William Borlase

Post by littlpj »

Hi All,

My son is currently in year 4 and he will be taking his 11 plus in Sept 2019.

Currently we are considering Reading School or Sir William Borlase for him. We are yet to take him to any open evenings/days yet.

I would like to hear your different views on the school.

Regards

Littlpj
Tinkers

Re: Reading School vs Sir William Borlase

Post by Tinkers »

I don’t know much about either, but I guess you must be in the Maidenhead area to be able to consider both. (Otherwise it’s worth looking at the allocation distances for SWB to see if you have a realistic chance of a place.

One is a boys school, the other is mixed, so that might factor in your considerations.

Have you looked at the journey to School in both cases? That may also be a factor. I know someone with a DD at Kendrick who had the equivalent choice of kendrick or SWB. DD wanted kendrick. They have moved to Reading to give DD an easier journey to school.

Other than that, you need to go to see both schools and see which one suits best.
littlpj

Post by littlpj »

Hi Tinkers. Many thanks for your reply. We have a very good chance of getting into both schools so it does look like it really it is the case of just taking our son to visit both to see which one he likes best.

Our son will be sitting both Berks and Bucks exam so I think we will probably just wait until year 5 before we start taking him around.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If he has just started year 4 it’s worth noting that Reading School will have an open day at the end of April. They don’t have them in the autumn term. You’ll probably want to go to that next year rather than wait until April in year 5.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now