Reading Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BlueBerry

Reading Results

Post by BlueBerry »

Does anyone know whether there's enough information given from the Reading results to make a judgment on whether your child is likely to get a school place?
Aethel

Re: Reading Results

Post by Aethel »

I think it just depends on the level of score. If it's similar to previous cutoffs, you will not be able to tell, if it's ace, then more likely. Just make sure you put the schools on the CaF in genuine order of preference, and ensure at least one is a "decent chance backup" non selective school To avoid being allocated an out of area/undersubscribed one because you only put unachieveable selections down.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks Aethel, I feared that you would say that.

I'm hoping that the Slough results will give an indication as to how he did. They come out earlier don't they?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Yes, the Slough results are out on the 16th.
But the raw scores for that are plugged into the two different Slough/Reading cohorts, so once again, a score in Slough of *** won't transfer into a score of yyy for Reading. Some years one cohort may be smaller or less prepared (or more/less sensible!) than the other.
Remember it's also stratified by month of birth. Which just makes it impossible to predict.
If however, he gets a very high Slough score, that bodes well he'll have a high Reading score also. If it's borderline you'll just have to wait and see.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh, so the results for Slough is given at the same time as Reading? For some reason I had it in my head that it will be released a little earlier.

Thanks, I am aware that the Slough results are usually higher than Reading. To be honest, I don't even know why I'm worrying about this. I need to see his score first :roll:
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

I think we all need to Find Something Else to Do for a few days!!!
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Aethel wrote:I think we all need to Find Something Else to Do for a few days!!!
OK, I'm open for suggestions :wink:
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Right!

Let the DVD watching commence!

Shall we start with Lord Of The Rings extended edition, or Withnail and I?

<makes popcorn>
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years the Slough results came out before the Reading/Kendrick results. This year it looks like it will be the same.

There has been a difference between the two scores for those sharing their results with both.

A rough guess at cutoff can be guessed by looking at previous years (see the stickies, I keep a record of them) and comparing numbers taking the test.

Last year I managed to predict Kendrick’s cut off pretty much spot on. :D
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Aethel wrote:Right!

Let the DVD watching commence!

Shall we start with Lord Of The Rings extended edition, or Withnail and I?

<makes popcorn>
Start with the Lord of the Rings please! And I'll buy my microwavable popcorn on the way back from work.