Upton Court Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YesWeCan

Upton Court Grammar

Post by YesWeCan »

I tried to search on the forum for last year's cut off for Upton court grammar under 'ranked order' criteria. Sticky above provides info only till 2016. I found one post that said the score of 115 was not enough to get into the school in March initial allocations.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me with finding last year's cutoff for Upton Court in March and September please.
Tinkers

Re: Upton Court Grammar

Post by Tinkers »

I haven’t managed to get info for last year yet. I think the previous years allocations results teamed to come out when the current year’s test results come out.
YesWeCan

Post by YesWeCan »

Thank you so much Tinkers.

So, we will have information about cut-offs for last year before the application deadline. That will be really helpful to decide.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think so. In the past I’ve relied on others to direct me to the right place to get the info. Once I have it I edit the first post in the thread to update it.

I’ve tried to have a look just now but can’t find it.

Kendrick and Reading are easier to find, but their admissions policy makes it simplier.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

It's possible that the cutoff will rise slightly for Upton, as Langley Grammar have changed their cachement system again: they give places to all passees in Langley and Colnbrook first (there aren't tons due to the intense competition from non local entrantes) , then they now have a "middle cachement" (Iver and central slough) and then an "everyone else" cachement. If there are fewer outer-cachement places on offer thenscore will be higher for LGS. So children eg from Southall with e.g. 120 who might have got an LGS place on score back in 2013, will not not have "enough" for LGS and will be looking at Upton or Herschel or st Bernard's with that score.

So there will be a knock-on-score effect for all the Slough Consortium schools even though LGS is thenone who changed their cachement arrangements.

They don't operate a score-irrelevent system like Bucks presumably because they prefer to take very high-scoring children rather than more local children. Though the cachement changes are meant to address this, in reality it makes the marks people seek higher, so fuels the eleven-plus-fire and (I think) makes it harder for all the children who enter.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Aethel - if I understood your interpretation for LGS - which seems correct to me , then Priority Area 3 child will not get chance at all - it seems that Priority Area 2 child can claim place as long as it is higher then 111.

folks is that correct ?

Aethel wrote:e.g. 120 who might have got an LGS place on score back in 2013, will not not have "enough" for LGS and will be looking at Upton or Herschel or st Bernard's with that score.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

YesWeCan wrote:Thank you so much Tinkers.

So, we will have information about cut-offs for last year before the application deadline. That will be really helpful to decide.
Last year’s data now received and added to the Slough historic data thread.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks Tinkers
YesWeCan

Post by YesWeCan »

Thank you Tinkers.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Neo1232: I think it's likely fewer children will come from zone 3: unless there is a sibling rule (I don't believe there is but I could be wrong...? I must admit I'm not up with the LGS for criteria this year, as we looked at the school last year, our DD has SEN and we felt their website SEN statement that "very few children have SEN at our school" plus anecdotal stories from the local comp parents that each year children are gently transferred if they can't cope with the workload, mean it's not a school we shall be targetting.)

Apparently (according to the open evening head's talk) they have four counsellors at the school to support their students, and all students at LGS WILL excel (their words) .

So you should probably re-read the criteria for this year, do not take my word for it!