Kent test pass surge leaves Grammar place shortfall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gravesendgal

Kent test pass surge leaves Grammar place shortfall

Post by gravesendgal »

Have you seen this article

http://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news ... ces-607796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FortyNinePence

Re: Kent test pass surge leaves Grammar place shortfall

Post by FortyNinePence »

They publish the same thing every year...
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Oh! Haha
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

Oh, that's good to know, FortyNinePence - was panicking
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Oh no, that's just made me feel even more stressed after reading online somewhere that this cohort is a particularly high birth rate year... :roll: Just want the wait to be over now and starting to feel like even if the boys pass, they're going to need a higher score than i'd previously thought. So it won't be over, really, until March. Not sure I can cope with that!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

bellabelly wrote:Oh no, that's just made me feel even more stressed after reading online somewhere that this cohort is a particularly high birth rate year... :roll: Just want the wait to be over now and starting to feel like even if the boys pass, they're going to need a higher score than i'd previously thought. So it won't be over, really, until March. Not sure I can cope with that!
Bella - thinking of you (I have twins and this was us last year). Hope you get positive results soon :D
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Hey Bellababy, don't feel stressed, it will all be ok and will be over very soon. And like someone pointed out they say this every year apparently (which i didn't know, and wouldn't have posted if I did)

but you are right, it's not really going to over until March which is a long wait ahead!

[quote="bellabelly"]Oh no, that's just made me feel even more stressed after reading online somewhere that this cohort is a particularly high birth rate year... :roll: Just want the wait to be over now and starting to feel like even if the boys pass, they're going to need a higher score than i'd previously thought. So it won't be over, really, until March. Not sure I can cope with that![/quote]
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

We're out of county and are hoping for a Kent school, but I know a lot of people who have first choices elsewhere and/or just did Kent for practice (bad, I know!). I'd guess too that some children living in Kent are destined for independents but sit 11+ as a backup?

Bexley passes more than twice as many children as there are grammar places, and from I can work out that seems to balance out ok.
phina1

Post by phina1 »

"The 2018 pass rate of 46 per cent was up one per cent on last year."

Do you really only need to get 46% to pass?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

phina1 wrote:"The 2018 pass rate of 46 per cent was up one per cent on last year."

Do you really only need to get 46% to pass?
I don't think it is 46% of the exam score to pass but 46% of the children who take the exam are considered to have passed. Pass rates are often higher when there is an "opt in" exam so people only take it if they consider they have a good chance - this would particularly be the people from out of area
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now