What were the lowest rankings offered a place in 2017?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mcfly

What were the lowest rankings offered a place in 2017?

Post by mcfly »

Hi. OK, so its results day and whilst the "stage 1" waiting may be nearly over there is always "stage 2" upto allocation day :D . Does anyone know the lowest rankings offered a place in March 2017? Im especially interested in the boys & mixed schools this year but feel free to post for the girls schools too for other parents benefit. Good luck to all!
steppemum

Re: What were the lowest rankings offered a place in 2017?

Post by steppemum »

On each of the emails we received they told you that, so somethign like:

Congratulations your dd has passed (they don't use that wording but you get the idea) Unfortunately they are not in the top 150, but have been given a rank of 210.

In 2016 we offered places down to rank 355
In 2015 we offered places down to rank 298
In 2014 we offered places down to rank 305

(obviously I've made those figures up)

But it gives you a good idea of where your rank sits in relation to the other ranks.
The only exception was Pates I think
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

There is a sticky at the top of the Gloucestershire section specifically with this information. :D Obviously this is only from the small numbers of people on the forum but gives some info.
mcfly

Post by mcfly »

stroudydad wrote:There is a sticky at the top of the Gloucestershire section specifically with this information. :D Obviously this is only from the small numbers of people on the forum but gives some info.
Ah thanks. I did look at the dates of the stickies but most were from 2014 so didnt click into any of them! Nevertheless the sticky doesnt have anything for Crypt. For STRS I can see what rank didnt get an offer (=265, which gives a reasonable idea) but not what was the lowest rank that did get an offer so this info is still needed.
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

I can offer information about SHS and a little about Ribston last year.
DD2 ranked 395 for SHS and was 10th on the waiting list after allocations day. She was 3rd on the waiting list after re-allocation day.
She was ranked 464 for Ribston and offered a place on allocations day.
We had a successful appeal and DD2 is happily settled at SHS.

Please remember that this year there are potentially more girls places up for grabs with Crypt going co-ed. This means that the rankings for the girls grammars may go down further than previous years. On the flip side you may find that the rankings for the boys grammars go up further than previous years.

Good luck to all this afternoon!
I will post replies wherever I can help in the fallout!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

As an aside, does anyone actually know how many girls sat the test at Crypt? or asked to share with them?
72purples

Post by 72purples »

stroudydad wrote:As an aside, does anyone actually know how many girls sat the test at Crypt? or asked to share with them?
Can't see anything to say how many girls, but 1819 children choose to share their results with crypt
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

According to the emails we received yesterday the lowest rank admitted to Ribston in 2017 was 518 and for HSFG it was 346.
can'tthinkofone

Post by can'tthinkofone »

pixiequeen wrote:According to the emails we received yesterday the lowest rank admitted to Ribston in 2017 was 518 and for HSFG it was 346.
I do think they include pupils who get in on appeals or because they are a looked after child, or with a statement etc in these numbers. If they have a SEN statement they are given priority under the education act, so these figures can be a little skewed - although this year with Crypt who knows what difference it will make to ranks.

Last year I believe it was officially 314 for HSFG before appeals, etc. (we had to appeal and my DD was between the 314 and 346 - See https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 83&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further info).
cazien

Post by cazien »

72purples wrote:
stroudydad wrote:As an aside, does anyone actually know how many girls sat the test at Crypt? or asked to share with them?
Can't see anything to say how many girls, but 1819 children choose to share their results with crypt

At Crypts open evening last night it is definitely growing in popularity. To say it was busy would be an understatement :!: Over 600 cars were there at one point, and it was busy throughout the day as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now