CAT4 scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

turtle

CAT4 scores

Post by turtle »

Hi
My daughter just took CAT4 tests at hsfg. We got the scores last night at a parent evening but I had to leave early and missed the part about what they actually mean so have four numbers and a letter and I haven’t a clue what they mean. Can anyone shed light on how to interpret them.
There is a little narrative too but I’m curious as to the numbers.
Thank you.
greengekho

Re: CAT4 scores

Post by greengekho »

If you go to this website...
https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/product ... test-cat4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Somewhere I found a doc to download that told you what each part of the report meant. Sorry vague answer...on way out door! Seem to remember was more of a sales doc (to sell the products to schools) than a doc designed for parents but it did give all the info.
can'tthinkofone

Post by can'tthinkofone »

https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/support ... r-parents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They said national average is 100. Girls at HSFG on average scoring 105 to 115.

Data is used to support target grades suggested by FFT system and tutor assessment.

Also highlights how a girl learns best, i.e. if they have a bias towards verbal, spatial, etc, and if they may need more support in certain areas or on the other hand students that may need more extension work if they scored highly.

Teachers can access data to support learning.

I think they said they were going to make the PowerPoint available.

I can't remember there being a letter - will have to look at report again tonight. If I think of anything else I will it add it later.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We found that CATs test were good for comparing cohorts but far less good than FFT for individual target setting.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Guest55 wrote:We found that CATs test were good for comparing cohorts but far less good than FFT for individual target setting.
Yes that was what the last school I worked in did too - cohort comparisons rather than any individual tailoring. They also used to try and extrapolate data about feeder schools from the CATs and SATs - kept a couple of staff in a job doing that :roll:. FFT is certainly more interesting data imho.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Just heard that someone's starting up a year 7 HSFG Facebook group
can'tthinkofone

Post by can'tthinkofone »

Turtle - is it the letter D at the top that you are referring too? - "Cat 4 - Level D " If yes that corresponds to the age group and the level of test they sat - year 7 - see https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/support ... age-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to confirm I said that the CAT scores are used to support the FFT target grades. They said if a student was going off track they could use the CAT score and tutor assessment to see if there could be an underlying reason. The called it triangular monitoring or something like that.

Yes - one of the Dad's said he was going to set up a facebook group.
turtle

Post by turtle »

Hi, yes, it was level D I was referring to. Knowing that’s the test type plus bracket of 105-115 puts my daughter’s results into context. Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now