AGSB Results .. this week???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
minecraftmum

AGSB Results .. this week???

Post by minecraftmum »

Does anyone know the exact date of the AGSB results, homepage of their website states around 15th October, which is a Sunday. Looking through previous years seem to be posted on a Friday :?:
wangxiaosara

Re: AGSB Results .. this week???

Post by wangxiaosara »

You will receive it either Saturday or Monday then. :lol:
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

hopefully posted Friday ... feels like months ago they sat the tests :roll:
Gargantuan

Post by Gargantuan »

Usually a Friday for posting. Easier said than done, but try to distract yourself with some time consuming tasks this week. Don't be tempted to wait in for the post, either. Last year, we left the house for the day on the Saturday that the results were due. It was out of our minds and was there when we arrived home. No drama then - regardless of the outcome.
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

I think they usually aim to have the results to you on Saturday, that way they can't be bombarded with calls! All the results came through on a Saturday when DS2 took the exams a couple of years back. Good luck all.
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

may just have some fingernails left by Saturday.....
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Getting close now!

I'm feeling quite relaxed about the AGSB result. Im pretty sure DS didn't pass as we didn't do any prep for GL really! Sale Grammar is really close to us so we put our effort into practicing for the CEM and just hoped that there would be quite a bit of cross over, probably not the best idea in hindsight, and we should have done more GL prep. I think we touched on it but not much!

On the day of the test he came out saying there were a few things he hadn't seen before, and that he was in a mobile classroom on the day and they were mowing the grass outside :shock:. Since DS is easily distracted, and it was the first thing he mentioned coming out of the exam I'm pretty sure that will have thrown his concentration anyway.

So I don't feel to nervous about these results as I feel I already know them! I'm very nervous about Sale Grammar results though!!
samay007

Post by samay007 »

Post came through my DS scored 387, we are OOC (Stockport)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Samay well done, I should imagine your DS is assured of a place with that great score. my son left AGSB this year , we live in Stockport too.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

DC didn't get the required score. I wasn't really expecting him to as we only decided to put him in for it in July and did no prep specifically for GL. We were only going to put him in for Sale so only did CEM prep, lots of things he had never seen before on the exam, and a few other factors on the day that added to us thinking he wouldn't make the pass mark.

Fingers crossed for sale now!

Good luck everyone else, I hope all your DCs get the results they were hoping for!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now