Will my ds fail to get a place at Marling due to Crypt?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Latetothegame

Will my ds fail to get a place at Marling due to Crypt?

Post by Latetothegame »

I know no one has a crystal ball but my ds has qualified for Marling but with a ranking of 317. Last year they accepted upto 389 and the year before 344. Will the Crypt accepting girls make it alot more difficult this year. I'm not sure i can wait until March!
MountainDweller

Re: Will my ds fail to get a place at Marling due to Crypt?

Post by MountainDweller »

It's such an unknown this year. :(
We've just been discussing whether we would want DD1 to be in a school of all boys apart from year 7. Interestingly I thought it would be great, DH said he wouldn't want her there. So it will all depend on how many parents/children feel like me vs how many parents/children feel like DH!

I read on another thread STR (?) have increased numbers to 150, so that adds a few extra boys spaces. Fingers crossed lots of boys decide to go elsewhere and free up (lots of!) spaces at Marling!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

MountainDweller wrote:It's such an unknown this year. :(
We've just been discussing whether we would want DD1 to be in a school of all boys apart from year 7. Interestingly I thought it would be great, DH said he wouldn't want her there. So it will all depend on how many parents/children feel like me vs how many parents/children feel like DH!

I read on another thread STR (?) have increased numbers to 150, so that adds a few extra boys spaces. Fingers crossed lots of boys decide to go elsewhere and free up (lots of!) spaces at Marling!
There are girls in the sixth form and I’d imagine they would be involved in mentoring and helping the yr 7 girls settle...it’s a lovely school ...
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

As I said, I'd be more than happy for DD to join that year group (don't have to think about it for quite a few years yet though)

I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed that lots of boys will still go to Crypt to free up spaces in Marling for DS2 :wink:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

With Tommies taking 150 and Crypt also taking 150 we are hoping the change to Coed will have a minimal effect.. but who knows..
Marling is our closest school so hopefully he'll get a place. Best thing is though he has already felt the benefit as his overall schoolwork has improved.:-)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

With Tommies taking 150 and Crypt also taking 150 we are hoping the change to Coed will have a minimal effect.. but who knows..
Marling is our closest school so hopefully he'll get a place. Best thing is though he has already felt the benefit as his overall schoolwork has improved.:-)
Runster

Post by Runster »

Latetothegame wrote:I know no one has a crystal ball but my ds has qualified for Marling but with a ranking of 317. Last year they accepted upto 389 and the year before 344. Will the Crypt accepting girls make it alot more difficult this year. I'm not sure i can wait until March!
Someone here whose DS got ranked 330 was told by Marling admissions officed that he could be quiretly confident of getting a place.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

''Twas me who spoke to Marling.. and whilst we are quietly hoping he will get a place this year is very much an unknown.. so we will wait until March and see what we get :-)
FFF1-8

Post by FFF1-8 »

Latetothegame wrote:I know no one has a crystal ball but my ds has qualified for Marling but with a ranking of 317. Last year they accepted upto 389 and the year before 344. Will the Crypt accepting girls make it alot more difficult this year. I'm not sure i can wait until March!
Please be aware the 389 could be child admitted on appeal meaning on allocations day the last ranking could have been a lot lower
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

FFF1-8 wrote:
Please be aware the 389 could be child admitted on appeal meaning on allocations day the last ranking could have been a lot lower
Actually this was on allocations day. Though I think there may be a typo in the OP as it was actually 384 not 389. :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now