STR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazien

STR

Post by cazien »

In todays press, STR is expanding

"The school is consulting on a change of policy which will increase its Year 7 intake from 120 boys to 150. The change will officially be introduced in September 2019, but the school says it will also ‘pilot’ the admission of 150 next year, meaning more boys’ places will be available for the children who receive their results this week."
Latetothegame

Re: STR

Post by Latetothegame »

Thanks for that link. That makes me feel a little more hopeful as my ds is desperate to go to Marling but with a ranking of 317 I'm a bit doubtful.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Surprised the press only just got hold of this as it has been known for a while.
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

Latetothegame wrote:Thanks for that link. That makes me feel a little more hopeful as my ds is desperate to go to Marling but with a ranking of 317 I'm a bit doubtful.
Don't forget that the 316 above your son will include all the people who ticked Marling out of interest, as well as ticking Pate's, Tommies & Crypt - and can only take up 1 offer come allocation day. 316 sounds OK to me, but look back at previous recent years since they increased to 150 PAN.