Safe rank for Marling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Runster

Safe rank for Marling?

Post by Runster »

My son got a ranking of 252 for Marling. Is that safe considering Crypt has gone co-ed and so less boys will get places there and take up their Marling places?
stroudydad

Re: Safe rank for Marling?

Post by stroudydad »

Runster wrote:My son got a ranking of 252 for Marling. Is that safe considering Crypt has gone co-ed and so less boys will get places there and take up their Marling places?
Honestly I would be quietly confident with that. Yes Crypt has gone coed but they have also increased their PAN to 150. (Think it has been 112 previously but could be wrong) and so there are extra spaces available. Tommies have also announced that they will take 150 this time as a 'pilot scheme' so at least 30 more boy spaces there(can't remember the exact PAN off hand)

Think about it logically you only need 102 DC to go elsewhere, split between Pates, Tommies, Crypt, that only an average of 34 per school.. :-)

Our DS2 is 78 place below you so a lot more chance of him missing the cut. But we'll see come March. :-)
Runster

Post by Runster »

stroudydad wrote:
Runster wrote:My son got a ranking of 252 for Marling. Is that safe considering Crypt has gone co-ed and so less boys will get places there and take up their Marling places?
Honestly I would be quietly confident with that. Yes Crypt has gone coed but they have also increased their PAN to 150. (Think it has been 112 previously but could be wrong) and so there are extra spaces available. Tommies have also announced that they will take 150 this time as a 'pilot scheme' so at least 30 more boy spaces there(can't remember the exact PAN off hand)

Think about it logically you only need 102 DC to go elsewhere, split between Pates, Tommies, Crypt, that only an average of 34 per school.. :-)

Our DS2 is 78 place below you so a lot more chance of him missing the cut. But we'll see come March. :-)
Thanks, I suppose the added places reduce the impact of changes at Crypt. I hope you get in also! Good luck! Will we literally not find out until March?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Yes March 1st is allocations day.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Having spoken to Marling they had a cohort of 759 with approx 460 meeting the qualifying standard. She said we could be 'cautiously optimistic' with our rank but obviously nothing is certain especially this year.
ash14

Post by ash14 »

Hello- spry to jump in- but how do you work out what number they are in places?
Runster

Post by Runster »

ash14 wrote:Hello- spry to jump in- but how do you work out what number they are in places?
Do you mean the total number who shared with Marling or the number that qualified?
ash14

Post by ash14 »

Runster wrote:
ash14 wrote:Hello- spry to jump in- but how do you work out what number they are in places?
Do you mean the total number who shared with Marling or the number that qualified?
Sorry I should be more clear- I read someone has said their son is 78 place below another- how do we know where are actually place wise as opposed to rankings?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The ranking is the place.... :shock: It's a synonym....!

where someone said they were 78 places below someone else, they meant they were ranked 78 places below them.
ash14

Post by ash14 »

oh sorry! in that case please ignore me!!