Newstead Results (2018 Starters)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Grey824

Newstead Results (2018 Starters)

Post by Grey824 »

Hello everyone,

I have been distracting myself with household chores throughout the day and I've just sat down, big mistake! My brain is now starting to go into overdrive about the results due this week :?

The Newstead admissions documents states that the results of the entrance test will be sent out from Friday 13th October. Now does this mean that they physically start posting them on Friday? Or that they start arriving in our letterboxes from Friday?

I notice that last year, the admissions documents stated that results would be sent out from Friday 14th October but there were people receiving their daughter's results from Wednesday 12th October. Which to me suggests that the letters started going out on the Monday / Tuesday (depending on postage used).

I am probably answering my own question, but need to distract myself and welcome your thoughts.

Thank you.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Results (2018 Starters)

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Yes last year was unusual in the letters were early, the year before (the year DD was waiting for results) the letters came as per the guidance and DH scanned the letter to me at work and asked me to decipher it.

Thinking of you all waiting for results.

Anything above 210 worth using up a place on the CAF if you have it.
Over 219 you are probably OK for a place but may have to wait depending on how close to that score your DD got.
224 or more you are highly likely / almost certain for an offer on 1 March

I know 2016 entry went to an all time low of 215 that wasn’t repeated for 2016 test/2017 entry, but I don’t know what the lowest score was, I have heard of 219 who got a place but it was fairly quiet on this forum about borderline scores. If anyone who started in 2017* who got a borderline score would prefer to pass it on to me via pm it would be helpful and I won’t name names or posters but would say be able to say what people got which may be helpful for this year’s applicants.

We won’t know anything for certain until 1 March. I will make an offer nearer the time, if people would find it helpful, for those with borderline scores to let me know by pm and I will post these as offer or not and update as time progresses.

*[edited to correct the request for anyone who started, this September in 2017, sat the test in 2016]
Last edited by PettswoodFiona on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

Thank you very much PettswoodFiona.

I had thought that last year might be a bit of an anomaly and so maybe we should be expecting the letters through our doors from Saturday through into the next week.

Thank you for your information regarding scores too. I wish that I had found this forum sooner! I stumbled across it whilst searching for cut off scores about 3 weeks ago.

Good luck everyone, fingers crossed that they send the scores out early again this year.
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Also waiting for results. So wish Newstead would post like the other school. Waiting for this letter will prove very tedious!! But hey!! Good luck all.
I also have no idea in terms of marks. Hope the letter will contain all these info.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

Seendy1, I was so excited to see there was a new post on here as I thought people were starting to post that they had received their DD's results :lol:

We may start receiving them from tomorrow, I am taking myself out this morning for coffee rather than wait around to be disappointed with the lack of post.

The letter should contain the verbal reasoning score, NVR score and the total score plus the historic cut off scores for the last few years. PettswoodFiona has kindly posted a guide above to help us dechiper them.

Good luck to your DD and I hope the wait isn't' too much longer.
Luckygal

Post by Luckygal »

Just got the letter in the post. Like Grey824 I only found this forum a few weeks ago and this is my first post but having taken the day off work as I couldn't bear the thought of of waiting any longer than necessary I thought I would send out a heads up message about the results arriving. Good luck to everyone waiting on Newstead results for their DD. Our DD got 229 which we are thrilled with and I shall now fill out the CAF! Thank God this is over!... :lol: Best wishes also to all those who may not get the results you were hoping for, even after all the hard work. We have also been in that boat previously and although we were devastated at the time things have worked out well and our elder DD is very happy and doing well at another school.
sandy99

Post by sandy99 »

Just received the Newstead results by post. My DD passed with a good score of 248.

Feeling so happy and relieved now:)
sb79

Post by sb79 »

We got the letter this morning. Hoping everybody else getting at some point today !. Good luck.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

We received our letter this morning too :D

Good luck to all of the other DDs waiting for their results.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Congratulations to you and your DDs, some great results there.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now