Anyone considering Invicta open day on 5th October?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eddas

Re: Anyone considering Invicta open day on 5th October?

Post by Eddas »

No Problem :)

I'm glad the boys ones are after the results! Although 2 of the high schools we're looking at are on results day, so may have an issue if he doesn't pass, which one to go to! Think trying to get to both mught be a stretch
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Oh what a shame. Hopefully you can do one quick and quickly get to the other lol!
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

I wouldn't even consider another open day before results day. The last year has been real hard work for everyone in the family, and we are all enjoying a well deserved break. Visiting another school now would only increase stress levels for little benefit.
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

I can certainly relate to that. We have only visited the local comp as their open day was last week. It's the only open day they do and we didn't go last year. We are not attending any more. Decided to wait for the results. You are quite right, it has been a stressful journey and adding to the stress would be foolish. I do wish your DC all the best and hope you get the result you are wanting.
Thirdandthree

Post by Thirdandthree »

Hi all, we went along this evening and DD loved the school, I now feel quite sick!! It was such a contrast from our plan B the other evening (we thought was ok) Will be so disapointing if we dont get a pass not sure was best to go before results!
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Hi. We decided to go along too and just like you it was a huge contrast to our plan B. Such a lovely school. Now the pressure to pass is even higher on me. Not dd as I have sold plan b so well I think she will be happy either way but I know deep down she prefers invicta.
mad_mum

Post by mad_mum »

Guys,

We are moving to the area from quite a way away in Essex and didn't have a chance to go to Invicta's open days.

Thankfully my DD have got a pass. She took the test as OOC but we will be in Kent for applications deadline.
She really liked MGSG - it was the venue of the test.

But I would really appreciate some advice and local knowledge on the differences between the two schools.
There must be some rivalry and objective pros and cons.

Many thanks