2 points short....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

crowbella

2 points short....

Post by crowbella »

one dd very upset, she is one point short on maths and english. we only need a pass to get in as her choice was WOK. Do we appeal? Advice and thoughts please, how stressful is it, how easy, likelihood? Trying to work out what to do.

Thanks!
hermanmunster

Re: 2 points short....

Post by hermanmunster »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

have a look at the appeals FAQ (link above)

you need to put the school you want ie WOK on the top of the list on the CAF as you can only appeal if you have applied and been refused a place.
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I'd definitely appeal. Do PM me for my personal experiences.
Npowell999

Post by Npowell999 »

Hi ds was 3 points short just for English is it worth appealing I would also be interested to know?

OP well done to your dc? Will be following to see how you do
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

An appeal will depend not only on your child's score but also which schools you are looking to appeal to? Some take next to none on appeals whilst others appear to take whole new classes! The other pointer is WHY your child fell short and what evidence you have to support this and what support your HT is happy to give. Talking from experience: nobody thought I would win my appeal to an over-subscribed Grammar when we were 8 points short of the pass. The appeals pages on this site were extremely helpful and a very good place to start!