2 points from pass

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chef1977

2 points from pass

Post by Chef1977 »

My son passed maths and reasoning but was 2 marks from passing English. Fellow parents have had the same but have been assessed at Grammar level! I have read through all the literature and analysed the scores, still seems a little confusing that a child can score 30+ points lower than my son and still make the grade. Feeling very upset, confused and that we have been unjustly treated. I suppose we can appeal and pray for a miracle.
hermanmunster

Re: 2 points from pass

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

Which area is this? I can move the thread to appropriate region for you to get some advice
Mehere

Re: 2 points from pass

Post by Mehere »

Chef1977 - Are you in Kent? I know the Kent results came out yesterday and require passes of 106 in all 3 elements - Reasoning, English and Maths - as well as an overall aggregate score of 320. This has been the case since this style of test was introduced in 2015 so isn't anything new.

If you look on the Kent section you will find lots of other posters in a similar situation where they have a higher than 320 overall score but failed to reach 106 in one element. You are in a good position to appeal but must show academic evidence especially regarding English. You won't get anywhere if you base your case on unjust treatment. The appeals section of this site is great for advice so suggest you have a read.

Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide, I appreciate it must be hard for you and DS at the moment.