Dartford Grammar School - Out of Dartford Places - Distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Re: Dartford Grammar School - Out of Dartford Places - Dista

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I haven’t read the boys admissions but when I read the girls at the time DD was applying it looked on the surface that 60 would go to OOC but it turned out they nibbled into these with sibling places so it may be a red herring but just another example of how sometimes it looks clear cut on the surface how the places are divided but once you dig into it it isn’t.
walemeoh

Post by walemeoh »

hmmmm can't say and those who have mentioned those high scores here , not so in my case.... hmmm. My son had 382 and entered first time round into Dartford last year. And he was far from those with the lowest scores. I did this scores things last time round, lil man passed today, will not stress, we are out of any catchment areas except Bexley which he passed too but we will just sit and wait for Olaves or which ever school he is given. As long as the mark is high enough , cut off or not..... all we have is hope. Hope this helps.
salsa

Post by salsa »

walemeoh wrote:hmmmm can't say and those who have mentioned those high scores here , not so in my case.... hmmm. My son had 382 and entered first time round into Dartford last year. And he was far from those with the lowest scores. I did this scores things last time round, lil man passed today, will not stress, we are out of any catchment areas except Bexley which he passed too but we will just sit and wait for Olaves or which ever school he is given. As long as the mark is high enough , cut off or not..... all we have is hope. Hope this helps.
Hi KCC said 387 for Dartford boys on the first round. Did you son get allocated on the second round? Is he currently at Dartford Boys?

Salsa
BogginsDad

Post by BogginsDad »

My son scored 384 so might be OK. We're nearer to Chis & Sid but good to have options!
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

I can't seem to find out what the out of area score was for the Girls school last year ? does any one know ?
salsa

Post by salsa »

RoboR wrote:I can't seem to find out what the out of area score was for the Girls school last year ? does any one know ?
385, first round.

Salsa
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Thank you (again) Salsa !!
walemeoh

Post by walemeoh »

My apologies as I didn't specified, he went in 2 years ago (year 8 now ) so it might be right what was said here as to the cut off .
He got in with 382 .

Hope this helps . Some kids in his school got lower, his very good friend had 418

salsa wrote:
walemeoh wrote:hmmmm can't say and those who have mentioned those high scores here , not so in my case.... hmmm. My son had 382 and entered first time round into Dartford last year. And he was far from those with the lowest scores. I did this scores things last time round, lil man passed today, will not stress, we are out of any catchment areas except Bexley which he passed too but we will just sit and wait for Olaves or which ever school he is given. As long as the mark is high enough , cut off or not..... all we have is hope. Hope this helps.
Hi KCC said 387 for Dartford boys on the first round. Did you son get allocated on the second round? Is he currently at Dartford Boys?

Salsa
BogginsDad

Post by BogginsDad »

Was very impressed with the school, its boys and the head last night at the open evening.

Perhaps keener than before (as is my son) to go for DGS. In trying to work out how the journey in might look, would be keen to know when the school day begins and ends.

Can't see it on the website anywhere or in the brochure.

Thanks
shaheensayed1

Post by shaheensayed1 »

Hi all, we are OOC do you think we can get through DGS with 390? TIA
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now