BUCKS RESULTS 13TH OCTOBER: Please read this before posting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

BUCKS RESULTS 13TH OCTOBER: Please read this before posting

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

The Bucks results are only 24 hours away now, and I know from personal experience how nerve-racking that can be. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools (in and out of county) will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.

- Please do not open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.

- Out of County children's results have been posted first class today, Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.

- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in contacting Bucks CC Admissions. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter with them after your post arrives on Monday.

- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that the non-arrival of results beyond three postal deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail who let you down.

- The flat qualifying mark will be 121, as it has been for time immemorial. All children achieving 121 or more are eligible for a place at a Bucks grammar school, depending upon the remaining admissions criteria for their preferred school, primarily distance.

- For that reason, PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM! It is simply boasting to do so. Every year there are people who arrive here and make their one and only post to tell us that their precious child achieved sixty squillion marks. We don't want to know that, and any such posts will be edited/removed.

- If your child has scored 121 or more, you can see past Allocation Profiles for each grammar school here to allow you to assess the chances of being offered a place on 1st March.

- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for. If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
Etienne wrote:The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results! :)

Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
Start here.

See also this thread.

For some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
see here.
Please feel free to post your results on this thread as they arrive, and any queries about them.

My best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.

Sally-Anne
anotherdad

Re: BUCKS RESULTS 13TH OCTOBER: Please read this before post

Post by anotherdad »

Sally-Anne wrote:Every year there are people who arrive here and make their one and only post to tell us that their precious child achieved sixty squillion marks.
Is 60 squillion the maximum score this year in Bucks? Is 59 squillion enough for DCGS? My child is September born so had a squillion deducted :cry:

Best wishes to everyone for tomorrow (or Saturday :cry: , or even Monday :x ).
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

:lol:
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Blue_Marigold wrote::lol:
+1!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Congratulations to everyone today, whatever the result. :D
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Good luck to all posters and their children today.

They all deserve a big hug for sitting this exam-they are all stars in my opinion.

I'm feeling very emotional as I type this-it has been a long and often bumpy journey. This is my second and last child to go through this process.

Iam so grateful to all of you who have shared their ups and downs-we have had some laughs along the way. Thank you to all my "friends" on here for helping me to pick myself up when I have felt low and a big thank you to Sally-Anne and Guest55 for their wonderful and sage advice over the last few months/years.

I will be back on here later to update with my son's result-whatever that might be.
Amber

Post by Amber »

We live in Gloucestershire and my son scored 61 squillion. I thought 60 squillion was the maximum mark. He is on the top table for everything and has certificates for being a really nice child and also good attitude in his tennis lessons. Also his grandmother's hamster had a stroke a month before the exam so we are even more proud of him for his amazing score which we think might be the highest ever. We are hoping to move to Bucks next summer and will be putting DCGS first on the CAF. Does anyone know of any primary schools nearby where we can send our 3 younger children?
Phrase&Fable

Post by Phrase&Fable »

Came home to find envelope has not arrived.
Oh good. Have to wait another day. Patience......
beoptima

Post by beoptima »

DS qualified..thanks for all the help
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

DD missed out by a few marks but she's happy with the score so all good!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now