Maidenhead to SWBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mu81

Maidenhead to SWBGS

Post by mu81 »

Is there any private coach service from Maidenhead to SWBGS?
scary mum

Re: Maidenhead to SWBGS

Post by scary mum »

It's not my area, but are you in catchment from Maidenhead? I know the allocation distances are very small & don't usually go outside catchment.
scary mum
mu81

Post by mu81 »

Yes. We are in the catchment and hence the question. I know someone who travels from Maidenhead by train. But I want to know if there is any private coach service.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Are you in the part of Maidenhead which is in catchment? If not you are unlikely to get in.

There is a coach - details will be on Bucks transport- as you are not in County it will be VERY expensive! Most Maidenhead/ Cookham children go on the train.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The train is probably more flexible (allows after school activities as such without relying on mum/dad taxi to get home) and cheaper, so if that’s viable option I’d go for that rather than trying to find private transport.
mu81

Post by mu81 »

We are in the part of Maidenhead which is in the catchment of SWBGS.

Thanks Tinkers! Train option seems more sensible.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Agree totally with Tinkers - I have just looked it up on Bucks website and athe School bus will be £1166 - this school year and I guess more next.

My children are at SWBGS - we live in Bucks and they go on the school bus - at best I have a max of 2 days a week they both come home on the bus. The train will be cheaper and more flexible.

You can apply for a bus space after your child has received an offer.
mu81

Post by mu81 »

Thanks for the information kittymum!

Train option is fine but I'm just worried about the walking distance from Marlow stn to SWBGS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

'16 min (0.8 mi) 
via Station Rd'

According to Google. So not a very long walk. However, I don't know the area - how flat (or otherwise) is it?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mu81 wrote:I'm just worried about the walking distance from Marlow stn to SWBGS.
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but the distance is less than a mile. A level walk of around 15 minutes through a busy populated area in a well-to-do town.

(Cross-posted with ToadMum.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now